Seedlings?

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

While I was weeding I found these little guys. They look like seedlings of my white hardy hibiscus.
My questuons...lol
1. Are they seedlings
2. Will they bw true like my white?
3. Can i transplant them into pots?
4. If i can transplant intp pots will they overwinter in a pot?
Thank you all in advance for ur help.

Forgot the pic

Thumbnail by happgarden
Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

They do look like seedlings and should be like the parent.
When I have babies growing very close like this, I pot them up in groups so I don't disturb the roots too much. When they get bigger, you could put them in separate containers.
I'm not sure about overwintering them in pots. I know I can do it, but your Winters are much colder than mine, so that might not work.
Barb

Thank you so much for the information. Yeap zone 5 vs 9 my winters are VERY cold...rofl.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Does anybody have or will have seeds from red hibiscus? I would love to get a start of them and would be more than willing to pay postage. Thanks, Kathy

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

I have a red one. I just planted it, so don't know if I'll get seeds. If I do, I'll let you know.
Barb

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks Barb, I appreciate it. Kathy

I don't know much about them but I do know some of them have sterile seeds or so I have been told.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Joyce, I'm not sure either. I received some seeds that was white with pink in the middle from a gardening friend that passed away 4 years ago this November. I just throwed several seeds in a pot and left over winter and the next spring I had a few plants and that is what I am growing. The June bugs (that is what we call them) are trying to work on them so will have to put something on them so that I will still have some for next year.

Kathy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.