Finally another Adenium flowering

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

I haven't had any Adeniums blooming since the one I showed in April. I have fed and watered them like crazy. FINALLY today another plant popped a flower. I've had several bud clusters before this that have dried off. That frustrates me!

Thumbnail by NancySLAZ
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Do you have them in sun?

Decatur, GA

I have another that is darker pink.
I am making changes in my planting system and hope to get better results. I'll keep you posted.

Thumbnail by helenchild Thumbnail by helenchild
Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

My plants are not in full sun now because Phoenix sun is brutal at this time of year. Do you think they need more sun to open those buds that dropped off?

Decatur, GA

I would think if they are properly acclimated to the sun Adeniums should be able to take it. Now I don't know about the heat but here we were in the 90s-100s on my porch for a week or so (full sun too) with no ill effects. They just don't like to dry out. At all.

(theres that tipped picture again. hmm..)

Thumbnail by helenchild
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

We went on vacation and left two of the Desert Rose in full sun here in Texas.....which has fierce heat. Watered them well before leaving.....thought our friend was going to water if needed....but.....Most leaves fell off....but bloomed like crazy. Sometime I think the plant blooms when it thinks it's going to die. LOL Like, hurry and propagate because you won't live long.

Thumbnail by morganc
Decatur, GA

What a lovely garden morganc. That looks like a water feature in the back. Nice. I could imagine relaxing there without any trouble.
Nice Desert Rose too.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

helenchild - Thank you. Yes, that is a waterfall with a small stream. My DH and I designed it....and luckily we had a good friend who built it for us. He showed us how just a certain placement of a rock or two could change the sound the waterfall and stream made. Amazing stuff.

Thumbnail by morganc
Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

The problem with the heat here is not the 100's during the day. The Adeniums love that. It is the nights that do not cool off and stay at 90º. I have acclimated Adeniums to the full sun, but the leaves are just not as nice for me as they are in afternoon shade. Here's another one that finally flowered.

Thumbnail by NancySLAZ
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Great flower NancySLAZ--

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.