A great lily year so far!

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Orienpet Blueberry Crush, a second year lily

First year candidum and regale

Asiatic Royal Sunset

Orienpet Silk Road

The just opening trumpet Silver Sunburst

Thumbnail by DonnaMack Thumbnail by DonnaMack Thumbnail by DonnaMack Thumbnail by DonnaMack Thumbnail by DonnaMack
(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Beautiful Donna, I love your 'Royal Sunset', it has a real nice color palette.

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

A mix of Crystal Blanca, the shorter version of Casa Blanca, and Anastasia, the orienpet. This is a happy accident.

A closer view.

A first year lilium auratum platyphyllum.

The easy oriental Sorbonne.

Red Alert, a longiflorum asiatic I use to wake up things!

Thumbnail by DonnaMack Thumbnail by DonnaMack Thumbnail by DonnaMack Thumbnail by DonnaMack Thumbnail by DonnaMack

Lol, a very beautiful accident Donna. Look at the buds on Sorbonne, it's really going to town!

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Robin, I just love Sorbonne. It is also the favorite pink oriental lily of none other than Dianna Gibson Of B&D lilies, who gave it to me as a substitute for a fussy oriental. This one is easy. I wish I could send you the scent. It's the kind of lily you can cut for the house, not the overpowering kind.

I love lilies. They are the exclamation points of gardens. Sometimes I don't expect them, and I step out into my garden in the morning and give a big whoop when something has popped open overnight.

Geesh, I wish you could send me the scent too!

My intoxication is flower fragrance, the stronger the better; however, I can appreciate subtlety just as much.

I just waited a year and a half to sample the fragrance of just one 'Casa Blanca' bloom. I hope to have more next year. I don't think it will ever produce like your 'Sorbonne', how long have you grown her? Another investment I made this year is 'Stargazer', she had two blooms when I purchased and one more to share...mmm, divine too.

Your collection is beautiful, what a delight!

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

The Sorbonne you are looking at are two years old. The bulbs are really great. They came from B&D. Each first year bulb produced at least three flowers. So three bulbs represents nine flowers.

Where do you get reasonably priced bulbs of this quality? From B&D Lilies, or (a great kept secret for some reason) check out Hallson Gardens. They sell lilies for about $3.00 each. or $2.00 dollars or so each if you buy three. The Crystal Blancas you see above cost $6.00! And they are first year bulbs. I bought another trio to accompany a white rose.

Hallson is a Watchdog 30 company. I overlooked them initially because their specialty is hostas. But I have gotten liliums, three kinds of geranium striatum, alchemilla mollis and other from them (you will see my ecstatic review).

http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/155/

And look at these prices for lilies:

http://www.perennialnursery.com/lily-bulbs/

Sorbonne is $3.00, unless you order three or four, and then they are $2.50. Five or more? $2.00 each.

5% back on your order.

A lot of things are out of stock but if you ask them to email you when they are back in stock they do so. I have tripled my lily collection since I found them.

Oh, and Royal Sunset that you admired is $3.00 each, unless like the above, you buy 3 for $2.50 each.

All of them will ship next year. I am ordering them for me as well as my clients.

Thanks Donna, you can bank on me checking them all out. Great prices!

Yes, I gave a whoop at you...

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.