plant ID questions

Fort Worth, TX

I posted a couple of Texas mysteries in the Plant ID forum, did I put them in the right place?

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

It would be fine, I will check and see, but we are more likely to notice it here.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Here it is

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1400775/

Fort Worth, TX

I need to get better pics and I think I put a rabbit hutch on top of number 3. It turns up from time to time around my compost pile, I thought it was a sprouted avocado the first time as the growth stem size is not dissimilar. Unfortunately, I am pretty sure it is toast now. trying to mow before it gets hotter.... will get photos later, thank you for looking.

Fort Worth, TX

Found another of number 3 waiting for a bloom to ID. In the meantime I did get some better photos, I also pulled out the strangling vine.

In this batch 1 and 2 are the same, I don't think they were in the first group. #3 is a wildflower which started with wildflower seed and I have a lot of, I wish the bees worked it more, but what on earth is it. #4 is the binding vine which I removed based on the earlier reply. It got its start due to me seeding lavender and not knowing if the seedlings were my lavender. #5 looks like goldenrod but the stem color is wrong and it isn't growing nearly as fast. Hope this helps., sorry it took so long

Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Like a vervain, or verbena the blue flowers, not sure abt the otherz

The first two are of a very prevalent weed Fatoua villosa of flower pots.
The third looks like Verbena bonariensis, the fourth a native pea, the fifth looks like goldenrod.

Fort Worth, TX

Thank you all. I got some Beauty Berry at RU and I thought the fatuoa villosa was the beauty berry. will have to look up a leaf pattern I think, may have lost the real thing

Fort Worth, TX

Both of my American Beauty Berry from fall RU seem to be mulberry weed? do they look a lot alike? is there a colored bloom on the beautyberry or is it plain green? I would hate to pull up my beautyberry thinking it a weed

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I can get pix of both in the morning Gypsi, they arrnt quite the same

Fort Worth, TX

oh thank you. Because the 2 plants of beautyberry I got look the same and they came from different people, I have wanted one for a long time

Well, I could be wrong, so don't pull them yet, wait to see what develops.
If you need a Beautyberry I can give you a nice one, let me know.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Mulberry, tho not cooperating

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Native beauty berry- this onne is stealing garden water and doesnt look like dried herbs...

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I don't have any of the flower start growthbecause of our drouth, but hope this helps

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Fort Worth, TX

it helps. Have to run a neighbor somewhere, but I suspect the beautyberry in those pots died and left the mulberry weed behind. not sure. waiting and watching.

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Seems like my beauty Berry has a white flower before it makes berries. I have several that volunteered and a couple that are wild, I can take a wander this evening to see if any are flowering.

Fort Worth, TX

Thank you Roux. I went back through DG files. I looked at the leaf shape and pulled all of mine up, the beauty berry has opposing leaves, these are alternating and look EXACTLY like mulberry weed and they were almost going to seed as soon as blooming, not a purple berry. So I guess I lost my beauty berries in the greenhouse last winter, and the elves sent me these weeds to make up for them. Additionally this is the first year I have ever seen ,mulberry weed around here but I did find it near where I had put some other new plants.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.