Retiring a Section of My Garden - But What To Do With It?

Southern NJ, United States(Zone 7a)

Ideas and inspiration needed!

I want to retire a section of my garden, a French-style potager with mixed flowers and vegetables, because it's just too much to weed and maintain, plus I don't need that much growing space. What can I do with it that won't be high-maintenance and that will add interest and appeal to the rest of the garden?

I'm also getting a wall-hung lion fountain; at first I was going to place it in that section along the fence and then try to let the area in front of it grow up in flowers. But I realized that the fountain will look better on the other side of the arbor, and that's a section that is easier to keep planted and weeded than the one I'd like to retire, so I want to keep that in veggies.

Thumbnail by greenhouse_gal Thumbnail by greenhouse_gal Thumbnail by greenhouse_gal Thumbnail by greenhouse_gal
This thread has 16 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!