A lily garden for my Granny

Hendersonville, NC(Zone 7a)

I made this lily garden for my Granny; she's 98, lives on the second floor and enjoys looking outside. She used to have a garden here, where I planted etc. but the creek kept over-flowing and washing away her garden. . . plus she kept getting older and older. . and older
She liked coming over and seeing all my flowers and was qu8ite taken with my Orientasl lilies. She's really gone downhill over the winter and doesn't get out as much any more. Seeing weeeds filling what used to be her garden made her rather unhappy, so this spring (after new plant height restrictions where I lived prompted me to find homes for all my ttoo-tall lilies). . .I took over her garden and gave her aoll my lilies (of course, I planted them, and regularly go over and tend them for her: I just got back from staking the drooping, multiple-0flowering thingsd!).
Now, she's delighted with her lily garden and views; she spends hours every day looking down at her garden!!

Thumbnail by BetNC Thumbnail by BetNC Thumbnail by BetNC Thumbnail by BetNC Thumbnail by BetNC
East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

All I can say is God Bless you for your love and thoughtfulness of Granny

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

I love your Granny's garden, Asiatic Lilies are a favorite of mine, so glad you shared it and her story with us. 98 years old, how fortunate you are to still have her with you. She must be one special lady.
I learned my earliest gardening skills from my Grandma who could grow anything, and I miss her every day. I would give anything to be able to plant a garden for her to look upon out her window. She has passed away, but I have some of her flowers planted here that let me know she is still here with me in spirit.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.