Fairy Garden moved to Delaware

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Been having a blast setting up the fairy garden down here. Some may remember the fairy house from Hagerstown. Well, we have moved and so have the fairies to a bigger spread. Just finished the stream and pond today as well as the Rainbow Bridge.

I have asked on several forums why my pics are flipping . So far no response. All were taken vertically???

Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr
N.C. Mts., NC(Zone 6b)

Well, I think your pictures are beautiful.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Wonderful! I just turn the tablet sideways.

Are photos from your phone?
I have found that when I crop my photos first, in my phone, I can post from phone and they always post correctly oriented then.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks. I will try cropping first.

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

That's really cute, haighr.

About the sideways photos: I save my iPhone photos to my computer first and then upload them to DG from there. When I do this, I don't need to crop them.

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

Oh Haighr it's gorgeous!!!!!! I absolutely LOVE your "Rainbow Bridge" - how did you make that?

I don't have a smart phone of any sort, I take photos with my iPod, but I do the same thing that Muddy does; save to computer first and then upload to DG from there. When I save them to my computer, they are all automatically repositioned correctly, and so saved in the correct positioning on my computer. I hope this helps! :)

And, suuuure looking forward to more photos!! =)

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the photo advice. Thanks for just turning sideways to link lol as I don't upload much now that we no longer have cable internet service down here.
The bridge is just an arch cut from wood covered with Popsicle sticks. The railing is a piece of my Harry Lauder walking stick. I brought a bag of cuttings from hagerstown when we moved.

A true gardener- bringing "sticks" as part of the move, LOL

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Here is a photo taken at night.

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

This is the play set. Even the fairies have a glass of wine!

Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr

Harry Lauder to the rescue, Yay!! =) Absolutely brilliant how you made that bridge; so simple and yet perfect!
Heeheeheee, maybe you could put a little wine glass in a fairy's hand, and then dangle her off the edge of the play house. LOL! Or put a little fairy lampshade on her head.. hahahaaaa!!!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Love the lampshade idea! Another project. However if it is a fairy that takes after me, I would place her dancing on the table!

Oh yes, that's a great idea!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Just love it so very cute. I too, love the Rainbow Bridge.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks. Added the outhouse the other day. A piece of deer antler with a cabone ring and seashell back.
I brought a lot of Harry Lauder sticks with our move. Lol, but was still compelled to purchase one and planted it here!

Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

That is too funny, love it.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Yep. A bit "anal" attributed to my OCD!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

haighr--
You are SOOO clever and resourceful! LOVE--LOVE the toilet!!!
And--even a roll of toilet paper? WOW!

Was the outhouse itself made from tree bark? Or a thin, weathered piece of wood?

I wish the pictures were right side up! Iyt is hard to look at them with my head tilted 45*.

Beautiful! Gita

what a hoot!!

Oh my gosh that is FABULOUS!!!!!! How on earth did you do that teeny little roll of toilet paper!?!? And there's even the half-moon on the door! PERFECTION!!
Hmmm... need a teeny little 'stool' (no pun intended!!) to place a couple macro-magazines on. :) heeheeheee

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Sorry, taken with my iPhone and that is why they are flipped.
The outhouse is made from very hard old barn wood. I drilled a tiny hole and stuck in a curly piece of my Harry Lauder walking stick. The cut a tiny strip of paper towel (2-ply lol) and glued around it.
Love the idea of a news rack! Gotta work on that

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

OK! Saved the images and rotated them.
Now it will be easier to look at everything....
Gita

edited to ponder if I should do this with the previous pictures of the bridge, etc...
Of course--anyone can do it...

This message was edited Jul 24, 2015 9:12 AM

Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal

Gita, BIG SMOOCHY KISSES for you, you have saved my neck!! =D
Haighr, it's ok, they were EASY to make out what was in the pics even sideways! That is brilliant how you did the TP roll.. I never would have thought of that!
Heeheeee, still can't get over how adorable the whole thing is! :)

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the flip my friend! Thanks for the nice compliments. I love doing detail!

Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr

Ah!! It's tea time! I need to head into the kitchen and learn how to bake some teeny tiny scones! =)

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I am gonna make a tiny peach pie when I finish my next concrete cast leaf?

speedie, where do you gets eggs small enugh for that recipe? Not hummingbirds!

haighr, have you ever grown Evening campion? Silene latifolia maybe, have to check.. It's a wildflower from Europe that blooms well and bright white in dry shade. And it makes cute tiny pods that dry like a polished wood vase.

Heeheeheee, well, I'll have to use a regular chicken egg, and then make like a million of those little suckers! < =D

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I'll have to check out that plant. Sounds interesting.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

LOVE this!!! Great work.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks. It is still evolving!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Of course it is. I'm sure that is where a lot of the enjoyment is found!!!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Just began working in a campground area for them!

hahaha...they gonna get a tiny little Trap Pond?

And teeny tiny tents! < =D

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

A little campfire, too.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I will be making the campfire soon. Made one before that I sold. Here is a pic.

Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Awww--so cute! Ashes and all....What did you use for the flames?

Gita

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Love that!!!

When we go camping soon with the brandies, one of the things we want to do is teach them how to build a campfire. Their dad and uncles would take turns to see who made the best one. One of them made a little log cabin with the kindling as the starter. That was the most memorable one. It was clever, albeit a little macabre, cuz he had a little paper person waving out the window. With boys we never knew what would happen!!!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Quote from Jan23 :
One of them made a little log cabin with the kindling as the starter. That was the most memorable one. It was clever, albeit a little macabre, cuz he had a little paper person waving out the window. With boys we never knew what would happen!!!

ROFLOL Yep that is boys for you.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.