CLOSED: Mixed boxes of beardless irises

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

This box is gone SPGardens (Babette)
I'm eliminating my iris collections for postage. A Medium Priority box costs $12.65. I do not have paypal. Upon receiving payment I'll mail the boxes. Here's the contents of box, 1. Ten plants.

Siberian irises: Ottawa, Sultan's Ruby, Lee's Blue, Lights of Paris,
Japanese Irises: Anytus, Electric Rays, Epimetheus, First Act, Frilled Enchantment,
a DG gardeners X - unregistered, deep maroon, very REGAL looking (pseudata)

Pictured: REGAL, Frilled Enchantment, First Act, Epimetheus, Anytus

This message was edited Jul 6, 2015 2:41 PM

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

Electric Rays, Lee's Blues, Lights of Paris
SP Gardens, I will mail box as soon as I receive your check.
Mittsy

Edited to say she has not responded that she received the box I sent.

This message was edited Jul 25, 2015 1:27 PM

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

Box 2 gone to katgrove
Box two will contain the following: Japanese irises: Anytus, Crystal Halo, Electric Rays, Epimetheus, First Act, Frilled Enchantment, LA Iris Black Gamecock, Siberian Iris Gulls Wing,
unregistered pseudata Cross REGAL, and unregistered Japanese white and purple.

Pictured Japanese iris Crystal Halo, and unregistered white and purple Japanese iris, Electric Rays and Black Gamecock.

This message was edited Jul 4, 2015 4:43 PM

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

EDITED TO SAY THAT DAN HAS STARTED A NEW JOB AND HAS NOT GOTTEN BACK TO ME SO THIS OFFER IS GOING BACK INTO THE MIX

OK Dan they are yours. (Dodsky).
Box 3 Contains the following: Japanese irises Anytus, Crystal Halo, Electric Rays, Epimetheus, First Act, Frilled Enchantment, Siberians Over in Gloryland, WhiteTriangles Unregistered DG Japanese X white and purple. My unregistered Siberian X velvety red purple 26" tall, 3.5" blooms.

I'm still digging so watch for more offers.
Mittsy

This message was edited Jul 17, 2015 5:28 PM

Thumbnail by mittsy

Babette, I need your address.

I am offering for postage the following Siberians:
Frosty Rim
Orville Fay
# 16 unregistered (my cross)
NOT Little Tricolor
Lady Vanessa
Tropic Night
Roaring Jelly
Sweet Little Susie
any you may choose 2 from the following list of Japanese
Crystal Halo
Electric Rays
Epimetheus
Frilled Enchantment
Ocean Mist
If you'd like the following perennials I can add Hardy Geranium Bloody Cranesbill, White Gooseneck Loosestrife, and Blue eyed Grass 'Devon Skies'

I do not have paypal, so a check or money order in the amount of $12.65 will get you a medium priority box full of plants from my gardens. First come, first served. Please do not ask me to trade, as we are putting this house and land up for sale. I can probably do 3 to 4 trades of this assortment. dmail me with your address if interested and willing to mail postage before I ship.

2nd picture is NOT Little Tricolor

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy
Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I would love a box can i have your address please if not all are spoken for

Oakland, CA(Zone 10b)

Hi Mittsy -

I'd also like a box of anything you might have left. Thanks!

You are really pushing the zone limit, I don't believe they will survive in zone 10 B. If they would, I'd be taking them with me to Cocoa Beach.

Oakland, CA(Zone 10b)

Hmm, you have a point, Mittsy. I am starting over in a new place, very urban, but with my usual approach: try it out and see what happens :-) And you're moving to a sand bar! Lots of newness all around. Best of luck in your new environment - and growing tropicals!

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Mittsy, are you excited to go tropical?

It's not new to me. We're been spending 7 months of the year away for 17 years. Gives us a chance to travel to see family in KY and Florida. I have a condo, not a lot of space for plants, I have a few canna and agapanthus, along with some amaryllis.

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

That sounds really good, have fun and the best of luck!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Are there any more boxes available? If so I'ld like one!!! Let me know......

Kathy, Sending you a dmail.

Saginaw, MI

Good morning Mittsy, Do you still have any of these (or anything else) that is available ?? Please let me know. THank you

Yes, there are still lots available. I have many Siberian clumps I haven't gotten to yet and a few Japanese that I am waiting on my family to take what they want before i offer them for postage. I do not have a paypal account. I find that can pack a nice medium priority box full for postage of $12.65 plus a little more to cover my packaging materials and to get me to the post office. I am still waiting on several who got boxes over a month ago to pay postage, so now I must have the check first. It is first come first serve. I am willing to communicate with the check sender and offer a list that they may choose from. I will NOT ship to zones where my plants can not survive, don't ask me too! My family left this morning, so I am on my own for digging.

Saginaw, MI

Mittsy, sending you a dmail. Shirley

This is the updated list of Siberians still available:
Blue Pennant, Blue Snippet, Coronation Anthem, Frosty Rim, Hannah, Harpswell Haze, Jarjon, Lady Vanessa, Lee's Blues, (NOT) Little Tricolor, Mesa Pearl, My Love, Orville Fay, Ottawa, Rikugi Sakura, Roaring Jelly, Roku Oji, Sweet Little Susie, Tropic Night.

These are the Japanese irises still available:
Anytus, unregistered Cry of Rejoice, Crystal Halo, Ebb & Flow, Electric Rays, Epimetheus, Frilled Enchantment, First Act, Frosted Intrigue, Greywoods Persian Dusk, Higo Strain, Ocean Mist, Saru Odori, Shiro Nihonkai, and Walk Right In.

I also have the privilege of several unregistered crosses from our deceased members, if you are willing to foster them for 2 to 3 years by lavishing love and attention on them, and then sending a portion to the WKBG, (Western Kentucky Botanical Garden) I will consider sending them to you.

Before dmailing me, please go back and reread all of this thread
I am grieving over the loss of my dear friend Polly Kinsman and removing my gardens is a constant reminder of all that we shared, so please be patient and courteous and abide by my wishes. I do not have Paypal, I require postage first,$12.65, a little extra doesn't hurt as I still have supplies to purchase and gas to get me to the post office. Give me a list of your wants, and I will try and fill your request, limit 10 plants per box. It is hard to believe but I have already been stiffed for over $20.00 in postage by members right here on DG.

This message was edited Jul 19, 2015 1:26 PM

(Patti) Wichita, KS(Zone 6b)

Sending you a Dmail. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. .

Saginaw, MI

mittsy sending a dmail thanks shirley

Closing this offer until after I get the next 5 orders filled. (50 plants dug and packed). NoH20, Tuckersmom, chelle, sbish, and TickiSox are being filled. Then I'll update the list, removing any no longer available.

Has anyone heard from Babette, I am concerned that she hasn't responded to my dmails?

If you have received your box please respond so I know it has been received.

(Patti) Wichita, KS(Zone 6b)

Received and planted. Thank you!

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

I received my box on Thursday morning. The plants were beautifully packed and healthy after a trip across the country. I gave them a good soaking and then planted them on Thursday evening. It rained on Friday, a nice gentle rain, and all the irises are happily settled in.

Thanks again, Mittsy. I promise to cherish them,

Candy aka NoH2O

Thumbnail by NoH2O Thumbnail by NoH2O
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Excuse me, Mittsy, are you still digging and sending? If so, we would love some irises. Thanks, Carrie

Yes, I still have more, sending you a dmail.

Eden, NY(Zone 5a)

Mittsy,

I am interested too. Thank you!

Jennifer

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I got mine also Mittsy.

I have enough Siberian irises left for one more box. It would fill a medium priority and contain named and my crosses and some from other DG members who have passed on. They are un- registered. If you are interested you can send me a check $12.65. I will not ship until after I receive postage. Include name and address in your dmail.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Mittsy, it's not the money but it's the work of writing a paper check and finding an envelope and a stamp. I'm sorry, we pay all our bills online and my husband writes the checks for the few that we can't pay online. You better just give these to the next person. I'm so sorry.

Quartz Hill, CA(Zone 8b)

Hello, I am wondering if you have any left? These are what I have been wanting for so loooonnnngggg. I still have been good Temps here to receive them and get planted. I don't care if regular named Or noid, and any unsure named ones. I new here and just saw your post!
Thank you so much Lisa

Sorry Lisa, all gone.

Quartz Hill, CA(Zone 8b)

Thank you for letting me know :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.