seven sons tree??

Verona, WI(Zone 4b)

I just got one from Bluestone nurseries. has anyone tried one. looks spectacular!

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

I have one which is sited poorly - fighting for limited light in a wooded area. It was sunnier when I planted it. So mine is a rather poor example. But it can be a really interesting tree. Flowers are nice because of their late season of bloom, nice shreddy bark, and best of all are the bright pink fruit capsules which last for weeks in the fall. My tree is too tall to get a good shot of them, but here's a feeble picture from last fall showing the pink fruit capsules. Give your guy a more hospitable home than I did and you'll have a happier showier plant.

Thumbnail by Weerobin
Pequannock, NJ(Zone 6b)

They are spectacular in the sun. They are nice in the shade and the bees love them. No fall color though.

Verona, WI(Zone 4b)

Thanks ya'll! I have mostly shade, but will try to pick one of the sunnier spots.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

I've thought about trying one but each time I get to it, I purchase something else instead. I do think they are pretty though. Good luck with yours!

Eau Claire, WI(Zone 4a)

I had one at the old place, but it was destroyed by a buck that completely shredded it. I've mostly only seen this plant in arboreta and I've not been overly impressed. For whatever reason, they are often planted in heavy shade and look ratty. I did run across a very nice specimen at a nursery near the Twin Cities that was nicely sited and had been pruned to a single stem. It was impressive.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.