Why is this forum sorted oldest on the page at the top?

Albany, ME(Zone 4b)

Is it just me?? Other forums sort newest at the top.

HA! When I came back to the forum after making this post it was sorting as expected. Hmmmm....

Arrrgghhh!!! Another senior moment. It's the post and replies that is sorted oldest first. That's true in all forums. The posts in a forum are all sorted newest/oldest. I knew that.... once. :-(

This message was edited Jun 25, 2015 10:46 AM

This message was edited Jun 25, 2015 10:50 AM

Thomaston, CT

We all have our senior moments...usually mine have to do with the date....always a day ahead or behind!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I used to keep everything in my head. Then I started using an online calendar but I would still show up an hour late or an hour early for appointments. I would even show up a day early orlate or even the wrong week. Once I went to nutsfordaylilies' roundup a week early one year. Now I have a Google calendar system and I check appointments many times!!!

Thomaston, CT

Glad I'm not the only one!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hey all!!! I come back after being away for awhile and this site is ALL SCREWY....what the heck is with all the advertising? I pay membership to avoid all that!!! "skip to new" doesn't work at all

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

They *just* improved it few days ago. You're not the only one seeing advertisements. There are a few threads in the "Site Updates" forum specifically about the latest changes--maybe you can find an answer there. I didn't see ads; I would abhor that!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

found out where you can get rid of the ads, in "preferences" then "ad settings"

This message was edited Dec 21, 2015 11:52 AM

Thomaston, CT

Haven't seen any ads on mine.....

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

I would prefer that forums would originally be sorted "latest reply first", i.e. what you get when you click on "Activity". But others have different preferences, so just needing one additional click isn't so bad. (Incidentally, did you know that clicking on one of those choices a second time sorts by oldest first? I just discovered that by accident.)

Thomaston, CT

Hi Don....how's the cooking coming along? Sorry the shoreline got all the snow last week...OK, I'm actually very happy....we escaped with 3"....Torrington...0"

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

Robin:
We actually got only 6" or so. It's almost all gone now.
Still cooking with gas! Latest was a nice Martha Stewart Shrimp soup recipe.

Don S.

Thomaston, CT

Glad the snow is gone....salt air helps! I made a mushroom soup yesterday....live on soups during the winter, so warming.....

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

How do you do mushroom soup, Marilyn? I made a delicious mushroom soup in 1980 (literally) and as far as I remember I just used mushrooms and the blender. I cannot recall making a roux or adding cream or stock or anything. I must have, but I just can't recall.

Thomaston, CT

I used chicken broth for my base....added sauteed leeks, carrots, & some sauteed mushrooms......when cool, I put it in blender....then I made a roux with flour & some of the soup, added the rest of the soup to pot & added the sliced mushrooms I kept out.....heated it to boiling, then took off the heat & added a 1/2 cup of half & half....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.