A couple "Goats"

(Zone 4b)

aruncus "deutschland" gets more sun than "horatio":

Thumbnail by rouge21 Thumbnail by rouge21
Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

Here is Aruncus 'Guinea Fowl' a nice well behaved short hybrid variety. Here it is growing in deep dry shade under a cedar tree. The leaves are only about 16-18" tall. I like it because the foliage is always pretty. It never looks ratty or dry. Then for 6-8 weeks there are these lovely drooping white flowers. Due to the shade, they droop a bit more than I like, and aim out toward the light. I should try it somewhere less shady too.
Here it is today, now the flowers are starting to get yellowed and more droopy but they were white for a really long time. When they were white they played off the grey Hosta leaves prettily. I never tried the tall kinds, this is the only one I have.

Thumbnail by Pistil
(Zone 4b)

Thanks for the 'Guinea Fowl' picture Pistil.

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

Here's my poster-child for a big bold aruncus display. I've posted it before, so sorry if I'm repeating myself. I found this remarkable planting of aruncus in a municipal planting in Iceland. Quite a statement! Note the full sun exposure in cool-summer Iceland.

Thumbnail by Weerobin
(Zone 4b)

I love that photo 'robin!

Full sun on our property is in short supply and so that is why I stick ours in the shade.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.