Old, New, Borrowed, Blue Interest Thread

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

This is always a fun swap, it really challenges the thought processes. I am so very late this year in starting the swap, what with the rain and flooding, but I am willing if y'all are.

Swaps are such fun and allow us to show our creativity in a specific catagory. Anyone can go wild with one idea, but what if we raise the bar a bit?
Based on part of the bride's poem, "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue..." we created a June swap. Don't panic, this isn't about marriage or brides but a challenge to your creativity.
Each package will have four items, yes only four. One for each piece of the rhyme. I will concede that if you are giving, say a matched set of something, it will be the same as one item. Example: box of tea bags, bag of candy, two matched dish towels, pair of socks (ROFLMAO), etc. Any card you include would not count.
Now for the fun part. Old can be something truly old: antique, me, grandmother's garters, geez where am I going? Something repurposed,a baby from a plant you have had for many years, last year's fruit cake, cookies made from an old recipe which is included, etc.
New is pretty self explanatory isn't it?
Borrowed is one we have cussed and discussed: perhaps something you got from another swap, something that was given to you rather than purchased, something of your neighbor's (Oops here I go again), no nothing illegal please. A compilation of favorite songs, a handed down recipe (with samples), something handmade, etc. We can surely talk about it before we hand out names.
Blue, well there are hundreds of shades of blue and thousands of things that are blue even before you get to sad, jazz, or bluegrass.
Everyone will keep their secret identity secret till packages are posted. Please send me a dmail with your address and contact info when you sign up. If there is something you would like but haven't seen a swap with it offered, now is the time to speak up. No one will listen but you will feel better. LOL Seriously, this is going to be a great chance to really get the creative juices flowing and let our imagination run wild!
We will close sign ups July 24th, get names on the 25th, and hope to have all our packages in the wind by August 10th. $20 limit on boxes, not counting postage please. Everyone get a delivery confirmation number and forward it to me if you wish, but don't post it online. Let's have some fun!!!!!
One important thing, please do not join in if you don't plan on sending a box or cannot send in a reasonable amount of time. It truly isn't fair to send a box and not receive anything in return.

Read more: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1364259/#ixzz3e0xaPWS5

This message was edited Jun 27, 2015 9:58 PM

Thumbnail by rouxcrew
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm tentatively interested.

Ocean Springs, MS

I'm interested!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Me too!

I think you have your dates mixed up? You said, We will close sign ups June 24th, get names on the 25th?

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Sorry, I can't have mine ready that soon.

Hahaha, y'all are funny. I grabbed the text from the last one and, in a blonde moment, forgot to proof it. Is it better now?

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

:)

Much better.

Ocean Springs, MS

Gathering things now. I love this swap!

Ocean Springs, MS

Already got my borrowed and blue! :)

Ocean Springs, MS

Joy, are we still going to do this swap if we just have the people who have shown interest? I want to do it anyway! ♥

It is fine with me to do a small, intimate swap. I love all you girls. If CG and Taters want to do it, then let's git er done!

I have always enjoyed this one.

Joy

Ocean Springs, MS

Yay! Just waiting on my name for the old and new items! Already have borrowed and blue!

This message was edited Jul 20, 2015 7:15 PM

So sorry, but I will have to drop out. I am waiting on the Dr. to schedule my hip surgery, and I don'y want to be laid up, and not be able to shop for and get things mailed out.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm going to have to drop out as well. DH is having serious health issues.

Ocean Springs, MS

Linda Kay and Carole, so sorry to hear this. I will have you all in my prayers! Love you girls♥

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.