2015 National AHS Convention

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

We visited eight fabulous gardens in the Atlanta area earlier this month. I took so many pictures that it seems to be taking forever to get them all organized and labeled- not to mention that the daylilies in our own garden really started to take off during the 8 or 9 days we were gone and trying to get caught up with them as well.
Anyway I've got the first garden ready, so I'll post a few of them. It is called Prissy's Garden I think named for a grandchild and belongs to Camilla and David Arthur.
Firework's Finale
Alakazam
Can't Fault You- We got this one at one of the auctions.
Defying Serenity
garden sign

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Hawaiian Nights
Joyce Lee Brown
Lil's Pet
Miracle of St Jude
Mixed Berry Jam
New Paradigm

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Phantom Returns
Sebastian on Steroids
Talladega
Time Stopper

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

I've now finished going through the pictures from the second garden. It is called Kennesaw Mountain Daylily Garden and belongs to Diana and Bill Waldrop.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Flowers from the Waldrop garden
yellow Tigridia and red Tigridia
nice companion plan
On Silken Thread
Hold Your Horses

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Here are pictures of guest plants sent from the Floyd Cove Nursery in Florida.
Halloween Effect
Licia Babb
Going Big Time
Max Factor
Viva Las Vegas

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Garden Scene and Refreshments
Crimson Cowboy
Red Rocks is another guest plant from Floyd Cove
Texas Big Daddy
Lemon Curls

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Beautiful gardens! I love Kennesaw's with the Canna lilies as a back drop, Very interesting. I have always wanted HOLD YOUR HORSES and now I want it again! Floyd Cove has been a favorite of mine but expensive, they do give wonderful bonuses if you can manage to scrape up some $$.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Don I just got a chance to view these beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

I've got a lot more, but it's been hard to get to labeling them all with all the current blooms at home. I should be able to get to it soon with the season here almost over .

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Don, take your time. We have the fall and winter. Stretch it out. LOL !

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Sounds good!

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

I finally got the pictures labeled and organized for the third garden.It is called River Scape Gardens and belongs to Deb and Morgan Akin.It's in a picturesque setting on the Etowah River. It has a unique stone house, restored barn, a mature magnolia tree and fruit orchard.
The first picture is of the stone house.
Next is a picture of my wife Georgie in front of the magnolia tree.
The next two pictures are of part of the garden from the stone house's balcony.
Final picture is of the garden entry point.

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Now for some of the daylilies.
Alley Cat Blues
Awesome Quacker
Bat Signal
Big Red Wagon
Black Arrowhead

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Dinette Sue with a visitor
Don't Mess With Me
Dragon Flight
Fancy Face
Fire on the Mountain

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Jason Salter
Lava Flow
Linda Chafee
Long Legged Dancer
Mynelle's Starfish

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Nutmeg Elf
Octopus Hugs
Powerpuff Girls
Recurring Ruffles
Stars Over Alabama

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Thin Man
Topguns My Friend Ellen
Hold Your Horses

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Don thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures with us.

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

There are still five more gardens, but as you said earlier,We have all fall and winter before new blooms appear.

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Yes!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.