ATTENDACE & FOOD SPRING 2015 RU.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Dear Friends,
Sheila's husband is still not feeling well and she is very busy, so I decided to handle this part.
She will be dmailing everyone her address and phone #
I spoke with her and she said that she will provide the place and the ice for everyone.

Please post on this thread how many are coming and what food you are bringing.

2 Attending Josephine and Frank
Bringing Fried Chicken Tenders.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Stephanie + Mark (2)

Not sure what we'll bring.

Fort Worth, TX

Coming. Bringing peach trees. Inspiration will arrive later on what food to bring, or do we need a pitcher of sweet tea?

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Signing up myself and a neighbor

Sheila + 1

Dallas, TX

Signing up for myself. Will try to grab a cousin but seems extremely doubtful.

I will bring a dessert. (Best meal of the day.) Probably a potpourri of cookies: some choc chip, some oatmeal/raisin, some peanut butter. Maybe a snickerdoodle or 2. If anyone has a favorite, speak now.

And now, for the final touch, I will bring paper plates, plastic utensils, Dixie cups and napkins. And a trash bag or 2. I even have a box of straws somewhere if anyone would like to use straws with their Dixie cups. (or use straws as pea shooters.) Sheila is being so gracious and I don't want her to lift a finger, broken or otherwise, when it comes to dishes and all that jazz.

Oops. That was no longer the final touch. I just waded thru my garage and found some very functional battery operated fans. One big, one small. I'd be happy to bring them along, not just for a nice breeze, but also to blow away any of those nasty skeeters we have this year. LMK.

This message was edited Jun 25, 2015 2:23 PM

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

I'll be there with bells on, but still waiting to hear Austin and Maddy's plans.

I'll bring Asian pork or chicken (depends on what I have in the freezer) served over rice.

Dallas, TX

Glad you're coming Sybram. Someone, and I think it was you, gave me a fern in a ginormous pot. It was my 1st RU and might have been 2 years ago. Anyway, when given said fern in said ginormous pot, the gracious giver said she would love for me to have the fern but to think of the ginormous pot as a loaner. (Not a direct quote.) I'm thinking that this was you but not sure. Ring any bells? When filled with dirt soil, it is extremely heavy so I would like to be prepared.

It's a very nice clay pot that's curved as if it were a ginormous (but somewhat shallow) salad bowl / basket / serving dish / what-have-you. I can go measure, take a bad picture, etc. But I really think it was you. Thoughts?

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Sybram, tell Austin needs to come and bring an aquarium pump and pail. He can take as many goldfish as he wants from my pond!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Ok, I have plans to provide ice and bottled water, I have a Keruig for those wanting coffee. I have Lemonade and tea also. I have some papergoods on hand also.
Good and bad thing is we have rain tomorrow night and maybe Saturday morning but it will cool things down a bit, also make it humid. But then there is walking room in my shop and it has a small a/c! We have had RUs in the rain before, so I am sure that shouldn't keep anyone away. I will set up my canopy when some help arrives.
I have sent out my address to those who have signed up to come, if you have a friend that needs it to meet here please share.
No chairs should be needed unless they are camp chairs that won't sink, since the ground will be wet. Also we will eat inside.
One thing is for those willing to dig some plants of mine; I have pots but not a lot of soil, so bring a small bag to help out.

Thank you Sheila, looking forward to it.

Dallas, TX

Rain? We're gonna get more rain? I hadn't heard. I'll bring extra umbrellas and we can just sit or dance and be singing in the rain.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

We're going to bring something with garden ripe tomatoes because we've got fresh tomatoes coming out our ears! LOL

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

I have been MIA but we will be there. Mom fell Wed but is still wanting to come. & Jack will also be with us.
What to bring? Sopapilla Cheesecake?

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

What else would you bring??? LOL

Dallas, TX

Sopapilla Cheesecake. Second the motion.

Stephanie, if you have tomatoes coming out of your ears ( a little gross I must say), I'd be more than happy to take a couple home with me. :D

Alright. Time to get back outside to fight the heat and the skeeters. Have some bags of mulch that have to be mushed around. Shoulda, woulda, coulda done it yesterday.

Sheila - I was at the Dollar Store awhile ago and stocked up on picnic stuff. Paper (actually foam) plates, plastic cups, plastic silverware (nice oxymoron that I once had to explain to someone from India), and even some napkins. I know you said you had some paper goods on hand, but we'll be well stocked. Gotta admit that the Dollar Store is one of my new favorite stores. And it's only a little more than a mile from my house. Sweet.

Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hubby & I are coming & bringing a table...I will bring potato salad. Thanks Sheila for hosting this you are super!!!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

So excited to see people I can relate to and get my mind off of sick people for a few hours! That sounds selfish but if you have ever been a caregiver you understand.
The rain didn't happen here last night so I will run sprinklers to soften the ground tonight.

TFC...The Dollar Tree on Hulen and the 99cent on Camp Bowie are mine! LOL!
Step....I will take one large or a hand full of cherry off your hands. I am not buying much for home since it is just me.
Josephine...Thanks for putting up the thread. I have bottled water cooling as we speak, lemonade to make, and tea ready. I will go in the morning early down to the corner and get a few bags of ice. I want to put some water down at the shop for when we are out in the heat.

I will need help setting up the canopy mainly due to weak left fingers. So I am warning the first ones to arrive. LOL!

Don't forget to unload in the driveway or in front of then move ....preferably to the other side of the street. That house is empty and there is a corner lot next to it.

This message was edited Jun 27, 2015 8:32 PM

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Shelia-I'm not attending the RU but the statement you made about being selfish....all I can say is you are NOT being selfish! Yes, I understand. Im glad you are excited, have a blast and enjoy yourself.

Dallas, TX

Agreed. Not at all selfish. Now please just kick back.

Fort Worth, TX

I will be stopping at a grocery store on the way for food stuff - looks like some melon might be good? someone message me an idea, I have bees on the brain

Melon sounds great!!!

Dallas, TX

Melon was good. Thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.