Is this an Oleander?

Copperas Cove, TX(Zone 8a)

This has come up two years in a row in my yard next to some Lantana. I did have some Oleander planted over on the side of the house however they died apparently from too little sunlight. This looks like the leaves from those however I've never had one planted in that area. If it is Oleander what's the best way I can move it to a pot to keep it going as the large tree I have shades it almost all day.

Thumbnail by chris1948
East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

looks like ruellia to me. An overly enthusiastic plant that yields blue, pink or white flowers

I believe you're correct. Just looked ruellia up and the leaves do appear to be the same as what I have. Think I'll still transplant to a pot and see how it does on my greenhouse.

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

it will do well....too well. keeping potted will be good. but don't be surprise if later on you find a volunteer in your greenhouse. no biggie, though, easy to yank out if unwanted.

Ha! I have that problem now with spider plants. I've got so many around in different pots and I keep giving away babies and even whole plants to the neighbors.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.