You Think My Son Also Loves Plants ?

Frederick, MD

My 19 y/o Air Force Fire Fighter has gotten two tattoos since he arrived in England in January. He had no tattoos before that time (I wanted him to mature a bit before he decided what to put on his body).

1. Chenille "Firetail"
2. Wysteria - the image is in a mirror and reversed but the words say "Home Is Where The Heart Is".

I would say I love the second one much more than his first one.

Thumbnail by CAMfromMD Thumbnail by CAMfromMD
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Nice Ink, I like the second one best, too.

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

That wisteria one is lovely! Some tattoo artists can create magic with just a bit of ink.

There are plenty of bad tattoo out there, though. I think this tattoo cover-up is hilarious! http://i.imgur.com/pQoJbeP.jpg

The artist of the first, badly drawn tattoo had been drunk, so the artist of the corrected tattoo incorporated this theme into the new tattoo.

Imho, botanical tattoo is much classier than PIkachu tattoo. ;)

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

The wisteria one is beautifull. ( It says something if I can call a tattoo beautiful.) I do approve of the theme. (Thank heaven he doesn't have two right arms...)
Are you going to acquire those plants now?

The Pikachu cover up one is fabulous!

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

That's crazy, it looks like both are right arms...but the left arm looks the best. The right arm looks like some crazy alien thing.

Frederick, MD

Haha... Yeah, when I first saw the pic of the Wysteria, I thought that was his right arm too. :)

Nah, I had Chenille Firetail 6 years in a row and it tends to get very leggy and requires frequent haircuts. I only got one outstanding bloom per year then very mediocre to poor blooms. Wysteria....pretty blooms but not a favorite of mine.

Yeah, Sequoia.... Not a fan of the first tattoo. Told him only avid gardners will know what that is and then probably only about half of them. But I gave him high praise for his second choice... While also asking him to not turn his entire body into an art canvas. He said that tattoo took 10 hours of work.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Geez, that's a lot of tattoo work, probably 1000 bucks too.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Less avid gardeners will think the chenille one is earthworms. I like the abstract quality of it, though -- more of an airbrushed effect rather than the usual botanical illustration style, and that adds to the artistry, sort of a soft/tough contrast on a (pardon me) nicely muscled guy.

Now that I've stuck up for the pink ink, I have to admit the wisteria one is my favorite. LOL

Frederick, MD

Yeah... The Wisteria tattoo is by far my favorite of the two. He had the Chenille done locally where he is stationed but the Wisteria tattoo was done by one of the best Tattoo artists in England at a national convention. And yes, it was quite expensive. But if he's going to tat himself up, may as well spend the money and do it up right. :)

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

I always find tattoo choices interesting. They sure are a way for someone to express themselves. I'll ditto, tritto (is that even a word?) the other opinions that I like the wisteria one the best.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I agree -- quality over quantity. He's got his whole life to add excellent quality tats, and only so much skin to use for them!

Frederick, MD

Yes. He says this will be it for a while. He's always been impulsive, so.... Stay tuned. :)

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

"... He's got his whole life to add excellent quality tats,..."

Or Not...hint hint...

Only one of my children has succumbed to this temptation, and I would be happy if that is all.

But, I'd rather see tattoos than the gawdawful long scraggly beards on young guys...

Frederick, MD

No gawdawful long scraggly beards on him, even if he wanted one. Uncle Sam says so. :)

I just have to keep telling myself that at least he's putting plants and flowers on his body and not skulls and crossbones or Tupac lyrics. :)

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

The wisteria gets watered every time he takes a shower :o)

Frederick, MD

Haha, Donner... you think it will grow ?

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Haha Sally, you're dating yourself...LOL Personally, I can't stand a long beard on myself. Anything much past a week without trimming and it's super annoying. Longest I went was six weeks.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.