flower/plant identification help please

Hamilton, Canada

Hi, his is my first summer in a new house and have noticed some flowers and plants blooming that I would like to have identified. In the last picture I'm wondering what the tall stock is that randomly appeared next to my begonia. And I was also hoping to figure out which type of roses are in my yard as well.Thanks for any help you can give me!
- trying to grow some green thumbs -

Thumbnail by Jennyrvt Thumbnail by Jennyrvt Thumbnail by Jennyrvt Thumbnail by Jennyrvt Thumbnail by Jennyrvt
Ayrshire Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi Jenny, I'm afraid I cant help you out here, Problem being that with the likes of Roses, we probably grow the same ones here BUT, when they are bread for the USA market, they are usually given different names as the ones here, thats because the plant might be excellent , healthy and even a show stopper, BUT the name given by the breeder is NOT going to translate very well in USA , maybe we called a plant Ben Nevis, for instance, thats one of our highest mountains, BUT that wont mean anything to USA so they give it another name all with the breeders permition of-cource.
My advice would be to go to the plant ID forum, after ID, if you need any other advice, get back here to the Beginners garden Forum.

Good luck and kind Regards.
WeeNel.

Contra Costa County, CA(Zone 9b)

Duplicate post.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1398206/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.