Any info on this type of water lily

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Wanvisa. Not sure spelling is right.
Looked to me like 2 colors blooming on same lily bloom. Was really beautiful.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Kyle,posted about this one a year or so ago.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1367044/?hl=

I promptly bought a wanvisa but it has been slow to bloom for me. It is very healthy, full of leaves but no buds yet. I tried that timed release plant food this year and while I have lots of healthy foliage, it has not helped with the flowering. Going back to tablets and hope that helps.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Checked that link. Lovely lily but nothing like the picture I was looking at.

There were 2 sets of petals and each set was a solid different color. Very striking. I'll check around on line and see if I can find one. I can't put anything like that into either pond cause fish eat them up but I was thinking of in a small tub maybe out near the ponds.

Thanks so much for your response.

From the Google images of Wanvisa it seems they sport all sorts of different petals, some spotty and some different colors.

I dug around in the pot my Wanvisa is in and it has grown tremendously and put out lots of new rhizomes but still no buds. That drives me crazy, I don't have the real estate available in my tiny pond for a non performer. .

Finally! Wanvisa has a flower and it was worth waiting for IMO. The petals are sort of translucent and spotty at the same time. Some photos of this plant show occasional, lighter, cream colored petals but this first flower does not show that pattern.

Thumbnail by ardesia
Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Really beautiful. Worth waiting for.

Thanks, it seems to open late in the morning, around 10:30 and it does not close until after supper. I wonder if it does not have some night bloomer in it's parentage.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.