Lemon tree just not happy !!

Sugar Land, TX

Friends - does this lemon sapling stand a chance? It was doing well in its pot till a few weeks ago, but just does not like its permanent home.

Thumbnail by Megamunchers
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

The sapling probably experiencing "transplant shock". If it were to come from a nursery and was kept in a fairly shady area. When you brought such healthy plant home. It requires some "conditioning" to the outdoor bright light.

I keep a lot of semi-tropical plants indoor. In the early spring, I practice the same precaution. I gradually move them to the shade, then gradually expose some more sunlight when the weather is still relatively cool to prevent "shock"....

Also, you need to give your newly transplanted young sapling plenty of water. The root ball need moisture to grow out.

I would rig up some shade for the young tree, and give it more water. Pamper it back to health. It may make a come back! Good luck and happy gardening.

Sugar Land, TX

Lily_Love, thanks for your feedback.

Would you recommend a root stimulator? The local garden shop suggest I give it a try though I have never used one.

Thanks

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

No! One needs to avoid any kind of "feeding" when the plant is under stress. We give root stimulator to "cuttings" to stimulate growth, not one that already took off, but under stress. You're quite welcome. Good lucks.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.