Jerry's last hurrah

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

Jerry of Jerry's Jungle is having his last sale ever. For those in the Houston area, this is a not-to-be-missed sale. The man has an outstanding collection of irises, crinums and rare tropicals, to name a few. Here is an excerpt from email I received.

Dad is "feeling his miles" he says. So, we have decided to liquidate Jerrys Jungle. June 27th, Saturday, the gates will be open, once again, to the public. ALL plants will be available. The ones you have admired for years, big ones, small ones, hidden ones, in ground ones. Bring your shovel, wagon, and a big truck, what? Well borrow one. You know the vast assortment of plants he has collected over the years better than me, but I will try to put a list of his favorites together and forward it.
Mark your calendar - June 27th, Saturday, 9 to 4, tell everyone.
More later,

Bobette Baker

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

So sorry to hear of people having to close their business.

Fort Worth, TX

It isn't always sad to retire. I've closed a portion of mine this year and all I feel is relief! There is a time for digging ponds and there is a time to just clean and do light repairs. Sounds like Jerry wants to enjoy his garden again.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

You may be right Gypsy, even though it may hurt at first, it does allow you to do something different, or maybe easier.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Vossner I am sorry to hear this and hope it does bring relief to him. I know the day I can no longer garden will have mixed feelings as when I am sad I go in the yard. But hopefully I will have a sprinkler system and we'll established plants.

I hope to go but not sure yet

Fort Worth, TX

I intend to write a couple of books I have done the research for, as I age I will need passive income.. Maybe Jerry can do something similar, sounds like he has the experience for a great Texas gardening book, and with E-publishing on Amazon and the like, it is MUCH easier to get information out and get paid for it.

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

Update email received

Friends of Jerrys Jungle know what it's all about, "A passion for plants". What Jerrys Jungle is not, is a Retail Nursery. I have had inquiries of plant prices. Plants are priced according to availability, size, caricature and recipients attitude. Jerrys Jungle Gardens was created for a select group of people. Friends with a passion for plants. Over the years, with the help of these friends, Jerrys Jungle collected and attempted to propagate a large array of collections of plants. These collections are looking for a new home.

Rain, Rain, Rain, go away, come back in August.
If we get another rain before the 27th, please call to verify the parking situation. Parking is limited,
so the area for parking may not be available. If that's the case, we'll do it on July 4th, or July 11th, or July 18th, whenever the ground is dry.
FYI. August will have 5 three-day weeekends.
Here it is!
Jerrys Jungle Gardens
712 Hill Rd 77037
9 to 4, Saturday, 27th
832-431-7599

Some of the collections:
Gingers: Alpinias, Curcumas, Hedyciums,
Costus,
Trees subtropical: Dombeya wallichii, Ambu
Yhombii, Tipu Tipu, Many more.
Cordyline: Hawaiian Ti,
Amaryllis: Red, Orange, Yellow, Variegate,
Pachypodium: 7 varieties
Palms: 10 varieties
Philodendrons:8 varieties
Clerodendrums: 6 varieties
Succulents: aloes,aloes,aloes and more
Cactus: who knows
Euphorbias: too many
Bamboo:Timber, punting pole, weavers, 3
types of variegated, golden goddess, 20 more types.
Crinums: Asiaticums, Procerums, Jerrys
Hybrids, and 30 more varieties.
Cycads: a large selection of rare, hard to
find.
and this is just a start.

We look forward to seeing old and new friends again.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.