Need help with HVAC purchase

Arlington, VA

Hi,

My townhouse's HVAC died this week and I need help making a decision. First a little background... I live in a 3-level townhouse in northern VA, 1486 sq.ft., third floor is always hot.

I contacted 2 vendors:

(1) One offered to install a new Goodman unit for $3800. I read the reviews for the brand and it seems to be terrible so, I've pretty much eliminated it from the running. Plus, I got zero model information.

The other vendor provided 2 options:

(2) Carrier Comfort Series heat pump unit (Model: 25HCE418 / 1.5 ton / 14.5 SEER / 8.2 HSPF): $6540.

- Carrier FV4CNF002 "Performance" series variable speed blower, indoor air handler with a 10KW auxiliary package

- Carrier TC-PHP digital, programable thermostat

- Rotale new air handler 90 degrees for proper access

- Change ro new 3/8th liquid line (current one is OLD and tiny)

- 1 year parts and labor from vendor

- 2-5 year extended labor from vendor

- 10 year Carrier parts warranty

(3) Carrier Infinity Series heat pump unit (Model: 25VNA824 / 2 ton / 17.5 SEER / 10.5 HSPF): $8125.

- Carrier FE4ANF002 "Infinity" series variable speed blower, indoor air handler with a 10KW auxiliary package

- Carrier SYSTXCCITC01 "Infinity/Wifi" system controller

- Rotale new air handler 90 degrees for proper access

- Change ro new 3/8th liquid line (current one is OLD and tiny)

- 1 year parts and labor from vendor

- 2-5 year extended labor from vendor

- 10 year Carrier parts warranty

Which one should I pick?

THANK YOU!

This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!