Main Stem of Tomato Plant broken?

Sweet Home, OR

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can tell by the picture of the main stem of my tomato plant is broken. If so, what are my options for this plant. It's early in the season so I can easily replace it.

Thanks,

Lisa

P.S.
I uploaded the image corrected and somehow it's rotated. I can't figure it how to fix it. Sorry. lol

Thumbnail by Lvmays
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

It will produce new stems at the lower leaf axils. Allow one to become the new leader and carefully clip any others so they won't compete. You can allow the new leader to branch, if desired, when it is well established. That would be at 18"-24".

Contra Costa County, CA(Zone 9b)

As noted, they recover really well.

Is it just the picture, or is this plant sort of yellow-green? If so, I would give it whatever nutrients are lacking in your soil, or a complete fertilizer including trace minerals if you have not done a soil test. At this young age they need all the nutrients you can supply.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi Lisa, this Lisa (me) has a plant that looks just like yours. Lol Yes, your plant will be fine, just follow the directions that have been given. I'm also wondering about the color, just don't fertilize with too much nitrogen.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.