info on where to find specific iris

Saginaw, MI

Hello, Am in the process of trying to "start over" with my flower beds . Am mainly interested in iris and daylilies ( along with a few others) . Was told there is an iris named "Shirley". Anyone have any info on pics of this iris or where it might be purchased ???? Any info will be greatly appreciated !!! Thank you.

(Zone 5a)

I read through your other posts and looked at the PlantFile, Googled the distinct words from that page and am coming up with nothing. Could you go back to who told you there was an Iris named, Shirley, and ask for more info? Is it possible they meant Shirley Pope? I am guessing you like the name?

The only reason I tried looking into this is if you saw my other post in this forum, you know I am getting rid of Iris. I have begun appreciating the bugs that certain plants bring to the yard and nothing touches the Iris. I like seeing life on my plants. Most of the time.... if it can become somewhat established before too many things munch.

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Go to the American Iris Society, under encylopedia and click on tall bearded...if that's what it is, and look under the "S" section.

http://www.irises.org/

Saginaw, MI

Chillybean, thank you for responding and trying to help me out. I did find out that there is in fact a tb iris named Shirley (am interested in it as that is my name and also my mother in laws name ). But have had absolutely no luck in actually finding one to purchase .

Nope, did not see your other post , only just today seen your response to my post . Do you still have iris you are wanting to get rid of ???? If so, let me know and I will gladly send you postage to cover the cost .

Thank you again for your info .

Saginaw, MI

Debsroots, Thank you , that site is a significant help to me . There is indeed a tb iris named Shirley (my name) and also one named ShirleyAnn (mother in laws name). Now on the quest to find them !!!!

If you happen to know anyone who is willing to share iris for postage , please keep me in mind . I had a huge flower bed of iris that was destroyed by about 3 inches of 34 degree standing water -- they pretty much turned to mush -- did manage to save about 6 of them but they are really tiny and not doing so well.

Thank you again for your info -- the hunt is on !!!!

(Zone 5a)

sbish5,

This is the post...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1397791/

I have no idea which type it is. My plan is to order natives then get them out of the ground, hopefully today. I have two people locally that want some, so there is still plenty, based on what I see above ground.

That is too bad about the standing water. I know some plants prefer dry, others wet, but didn't know water could do something like that.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.