what's your favorite yellow iris and why?

Elkhart, IA

I'm searching for the perfect yellow iris for my new flower bed. If you could only have one yellow iris in your garden which one would you pick?

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Moon Journey. We had a beat em to death thunderstorm and they came through it without being beaten down. They weren't staked.

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

I am partial to Golden Muffin. It's cheerful. Not very tall though.

Thumbnail by iowhen
Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

Bold Statement. The colors are something else. But I do think it is that color of yellow you will either love or hate. If you like broken color, I also recently added Quail Ale and I really enjoyed it's bloom last year.

Buckeye, AZ(Zone 9a)

I have 2 favorites 1 is bright yellow, Secret Rites and 1 is butter yellow, Sky Hooks...

Thumbnail by cocoajuno Thumbnail by cocoajuno
Anna, IL(Zone 6b)

My favorite. I bought a few bulbs from an elderly lady many years ago. Their color is brilliant yellow.

This message was edited Feb 19, 2016 7:51 AM

Thumbnail by brendak654
Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

Love the color of IB Iris Lemon Pop. I had a nice sized clump of this one some distance from the house and it lit up the area. You can see this one all the way across the yard. Unfortunately, one year we had quite a bit of rain in the spring and I lost all of it. Have been looking for a trade for it ever since but haven't found anyone at Daves that has it. I may have to buy it this year so I can add it to my flower bed again.
Linda

Denver, CO

Fun Lovin' is a pretty, lemony yellow with a white edging on the fall. Bloomed very well this year, 5-7 blooms per stem.

Thumbnail by smithrose
Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

This is one that came from my grandma. Don't know the ID

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Does anyone know what it might be

Thumbnail by katgroves
Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

If you find out I would really like to know too because I have a NOID that I absolutely love because it is such a heavy bloomer. The colors are a little different but they are similar. This is my first TB to bloom. It blooms very early. How bout yours - When does it bloom?

Thumbnail by eolivas103
Denver, CO

Here's another of my favorite yellows, Rush Hour. A big, bold pure primary yellow. Medium height, blooms mid season.

Thumbnail by smithrose
Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Mine bloomed early and bloomed a long time.

Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

KatGroves: I wanted to let you know I do believe I identified my yellow Iris I showed above It is Golden Cataract I would definitely look at that one and see if it fits yours as well

This message was edited Oct 18, 2016 10:17 PM

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

That does look a lot like mine. Wish I hD asked my grandmother the name.

Central Valley, CA(Zone 9b)

I am new to irises so this is my only yellow - Harvest of Memories. It is fragrant and can rebloom. It is currently in a pot waiting for me to plant it in its permanent home but it started blooming now at Thanksgiving.

Thumbnail by goshawk62

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.