Pictures and yakking about quilting Summer! 2015

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

You know, sometimes I get so frustrated at my inability to get much done that I forget what I DO get done!

It's June and my son & wife are gone on their annual trip to the beach. Last year I weeded, weed eated and pruned, emptied "the circle" drive and prepared it for rock. They then went on to rock everything, get the house re-roof and have the house painted!

They hired a company to spray to keep the weeds down. This year I went and burned off any of the dead weeds and swept the drive free of all the rocks that spilled over. Bought a "color bowl" full of nice flowers to place on their porch. What I WANTED to get done is 2 white headboard benches to set in front of their house. OK, I didn't get THAT done but I did get SOME things done...

I got my new kitchen curtains made and my husband likes them. (I hope so, it's crazy that I spend that much money and still had to make them!)

I got another 30 liners made for the daysforgirls project and have MANY more cut and ready. I promised myself NO more until the kitchen curtains were done. Otherwise, I'd probably have 100 done and no curtains!

I bought tomato plants and plants this morning to fill the planters. Day is young, I wonder what else I can get done? I'm probably going to have to tell myself NO more daysforgirls liners until I have at least 3 swap blocks done. I am going to be DONE and early. Set a good example unlike the bird house swap.:-(

Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2
This thread has 111 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!