Decorating - living room

Alpharetta, GA

Hello all! Just bought a new house, and we have a living room that has a stone fireplace with dark brown shelving on either side of it. It gives me kind of a medieval feel, so I'd like to expand on that and create a medieval-themed living room. I'm absolutely terrible at being creative, so any ideas would be wonderful. We don't have a large budget, but we are starting from new (we'll be hitting up yard sales, etc, for furniture) and would not have to incorporate anything we already own. We'd like to start with paint before we move in - the walls are a generic off-white color and I'd like to repaint them. Texture/color suggestions? Types of curtains? In the first picture, the view is of the fireplace end of the room - that's the front door on the left, and the open door is hiding two windows. The second picture is from the fireplace - there's a staircase separating the living room from the dining room.

Thumbnail by amysaw Thumbnail by amysaw
This thread has 21 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!