How to Increase Reblooming

Oklahoma City, OK(Zone 7a)

All of my clematis are Type II and III and are supposed to re-bloom. I've never had many blooms after the first flush. If I remove the seed heads (if that is the proper term) after the first flush of flowers are gone, will I get more flowers later in the season?

Anna, IL(Zone 6b)

Good question - I'm anxious to hear the answer.

Athens, PA

You should get another flush after the first bloom. Both types 2's and 3's would need to be cut back for this to happen.

http://faq.gardenweb.com/discussions/2765992/how-do-i-prune-my-clematis-group-1-2-3s-or-a-b-cs

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

Well, I don't know. I haven't cut mine back and once in awhile I get a re-bloom. I get re-bloom when I get enough rain. My Clematis 'Durandi' blooms all season in poor conditions.
All of my Clematis have done really well this year. I believe it's due to the cool spring with lots of rain we have had. I also put some horse manure down and gave them a drink of diluted Epsom salts, but I still think it was mostly the weather.

Williamstown, NJ(Zone 6b)

All of my blooms did not last long, I I think it was because of the extreme hot weather and no rain. I am hoping for another flush with the rain we got this week.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.