Don't Throw Out That Deck

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

We've been recycling old ceder decking from the Atlanta house to Maypop cottage. So far it has become a top for two "kicked to the curb" concrete bench bases, a box to grow potatoes under mulch (a second tier has since been added), pickets for a gate and fence to keep the dogs out of the garden and a planter for spaghetti squash in a rocky corner. I have more plans in store to keep SO out of trouble. :) As for the bench, I might go back and add a headboard or not.

The tub in the photo was from a conversion of a full bath to guest bath I attached the hand held shower (thrown out by a family member) on the post to the garden hose come late afternoon. The water is quite hot at that time. The tub also serves for dog baths and a kiddy pool. I have a basket filled with everything from incense and candles for evening soaks to bubble bath, shampoo and essential oils. There is a "towel & magazine/book stand" made from a log. I placed several bluestone pavers to the front for a clean place to get in and out. Can't beat the view of the garden in full tilt and distant mountains.

Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel
This thread has 34 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!