Summer weather forecast

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Many of you might know this already but the recent forecast is for a summer with below normal temps and above normal rainfall,much like the summer of 2007. I remember that well, on the night of June 26-27th it rained 18"s here and the National Guard had to rescue the people on the flood plain behind me.

Has anybody else heard about this?

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

I remember 2007 very well. It rained for almost 14 hours straight one day and water got into my living room (my neighbor's yard drained into mine) and I finally broke down and hired someone to install surface drains. That was a lovely, though very rainy, summer indeed. And after all those years of hot temps and drought, I'm looking forward to another lovely summer.

Carla

Winnsboro, TX(Zone 8a)

I've heard the same, a cooler, wetter summer this year. I'm looking forward to the cooler temps, I'll have my windows open 90% of the time. Of course my garden is loving it too.

I can't believe it was in the 60s yesterday and it's almost June. Still have to finish my veggie garden but the wildflowers are fantastic.

Iowa Park, TX(Zone 7b)

The larkspur in our back yard was over five feet tall until the wind knocked it down the other day. Now I'm cutting and hauling it to the compost. The hummingbirds come by to fuss at me from time to time. : )
2007 was a great year for the garden! We had more tomatoes and okra that year than ever have since.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I don't remember 2007 very well, but I'll take cooler and wetter any day! Of course, "cooler" means 90s, not the 100s!

Fort Worth, TX

I don't remember 2007 too well, but heard a la Nina (drought) is expected to follow

Iowa Park, TX(Zone 7b)

Oh no! Haven't we had our share of drought recently?! Perhaps it would be a good time to paint the house instead of working a garden.

Fort Worth, TX

I am doing both

I could do without the humidity.....

Fort Worth, TX

Permaculture for floods, irrigation for drought

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

It's sooooooo humid today, too! Makes me want to hibernate inside.

Iowa Park, TX(Zone 7b)

At least the plants are happy with the humidity. : ) Last week I was wearing a jacket while gardening, now it's so hot I've retreated to the office to file paperwork, uuugh.
Anybody else have an abundance of cottontail rabbits this year? They are all over the place in this area.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

I am so glad people are posting on the Texas forum.

Fort Worth, TX

I am seeing more rabbits for sure.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Is drier air in the forecast any time soon? I've had enough of this humidity! LOL

Fort Worth, TX

This is Texas. It USED to be dry. I think it will dry out in July or August when we go into drought. Maybe

Here there is a high chance of rain tonight and tomorrow. The humidity makes me want to hibernate too and it's driving my allerges crazy. I haven't seen rabbits here which is odd.

Forgot to add that my larkspur are still blooming usually they are done by now.

Fort Worth, TX

My larkspur and poppies are still in bloom too, very unusual.

My corn poppies are still going strong, also. It is very unusual. Wildflowers are going crazy...I didn't sow any seeds last fall so these are all reseeded volunteers.

Fort Worth, TX

Rain at the right time and cooler temps

Cleburne, TX(Zone 8a)

Had started a lot of Gaillardia Pulchella from old seed and it was doing very well until last night's heavy rain (over 4 inches) and strong wind. Hope it will stand back up with the sun tomorrow.

A few larkspur still standing. And cone flowers beginning to open. Everything has done very well this year except peony poppies.

Thumbnail by Dogs_N_Petunias Thumbnail by Dogs_N_Petunias Thumbnail by Dogs_N_Petunias Thumbnail by Dogs_N_Petunias Thumbnail by Dogs_N_Petunias

Wow, it stormed really bad here last night, very unexpected it came out of nowhere. Not sure when the main part of the storm blew thru but the wind was terrible. It blew trees over and brought down some tree limbs.

Did anybody else get wild weather?

Fort Worth, TX

half an inch of rain and a lot of lightning

Stormed all night long. The thunder shock the house, still is. The forecast is soggy. I need sleep! Lol

Cleburne, TX(Zone 8a)

DH just emptied our rain gauge this morning and it was a full 5 inches. Last time he emptied it was about 3 days ago. Thank goodness, we've had a few hours of sun each day but everything is way too wet !!

I have a rain gauge but it's not set straight. Lol I guess I need to fix that. We are getting a few hours of sun a day, I don't remember weather like this in years.

Fort Worth, TX

1992. Or last year, it rained 26 days in May last year, about put me out of business

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I remember 2007 because that was the first time I tried to garden at this house. Nothing seemed to do well.

We got 3/4" of rain last night.

I remember the rain last May but not these Storms! 2007 the flooding was terrible.

Fort Worth, TX

I still can't remember 2007. Except I stayed in the house a lot.

Gypsi, it may not have been as bad in your area that year. 2006 was the year that the nearby lakes flooded, sending docks, boats and structures down stream, but it didn't effect this area much.

Fort Worth, TX

I remember the rains of 2006, picked up some rust in the truck bed while I was recovering from surgery. But in 2007 I just remember it being really hot. I think I worked a lot that year and when I finished working I hid in the A/C

Here 2007 was a cool, cloudy and rainy summer. I lost a bunch of rose bushes to soil fungus. I remember it rained for 18 hrs and that set the tone for the rest of the summer.

Supposed to be more rain tonight. Looks like my son's HS graduation maybe held inside.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.