Journal, March 7

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Good morning. It is still the middle of the night here. I just finished my lamb checking duties. Tonight I had a ewe that wouldn't follow the lambmobile, and her lamb kept jumping out of the cart, the ewe finally went through the hot fence and tried to get back to the flock that way. I finally just put her lamb on my lap and putt-putted to the barn, put it in a pen, went back out and brought the whole flock into the barn, (the ewe jumped back through the hot fence when the flock went by) picked out the right ewe and caught her, then had to wrestle her into the pen with her lamb. You might say my adrenaline is still pumping so it is no use to try to sleep for a while! If that doesn't give me sore muscles I guess nothing will. Back to yesterday's activity, we had a wild and crazy day with lots of lambs being born and we were running out of places to put them. The weather was beautiful, warm and sunny, snow is melting, mud hasn't changed ~ it's still mud, deep and sloppy. The red winged blackbirds are showing up, and I have seen one flight of geese going north. Also the sage rats are comming out of their holes and soon will be everywhere. Hope you all have a good day, don't let that sicko with the nasty emails get to you. Those bad messages can be deleted in batches with other emails, in a group, they can be highlighted all together and then deleted. We have never been able to delete just one at a time.

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!