Need Help with SIBERIAN IRIS

Toms River, NJ(Zone 7a)

Does anyone here grow Siberian Iris? I need some help with some rhizomes I planted.
If anyone can help me, please send me a message. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

South Hamilton, MA

Siberians like acid soil. Perhaps add 'mir acid' or some such product if soil is not acid enough. Ours is 6.4 & Siberians are fine. At least 1/2 day sun like all irises. They don't mind 'wet feet' but should not be planted in water. I would think they would be fine in NJ.

Toms River, NJ(Zone 7a)

I planted 2 Siberian Iris rhizomes of "Shakers Prayer" in March. The foliage that was attached to the rhizomes is gone and there is no growth at all, so I don't know if the rhizomes have rotted and died or what the problem is. I have never seen this before with iris rhizomes doing this.

South Hamilton, MA

spring planting doesn't seem too helpful. However if you can't see (or feel) rot they might be ok. those might have been last year's leaves & new growth has not yet started. Since you have 2 rhizomes you could investigate one & not damage the other. Shaker's Prayer comes from south of you so should be ok. Any iris club in your area that you could turn to for advice? You are region 3. go to irises.org & look up the regions of AIS. They should have the societies in NJ.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.