Any ideas on ID?

Sandyville, WV(Zone 6b)

I purchased these as "tags lost" iris (cheap). Any ideas as to ID? Another forum suggested Rameses or Frank Adams. They're very large, have a pleasant fragrance and quite vigorous.

Thumbnail by landreyev
Concord, NC

Those are both Good Possibele ID's. I Would leave them for 2nd and 3rd choice. My First Choice would be SHERBERT 1918 by Grace Sturtevant of Massachusetts. Mine bloomed for the first Time 2015 and it is nice and Tall like Yours appears and has the same lighter ring around the outside edge of Falls. Keep in mind to be 100% certain you will need to grow these to compare to Yours in the garden..but just i'm just giving You my opinion.. throwing another cultivar out there for You as a step in Your quest for final ID. :-)

Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom
Concord, NC

So Here's my FRANK ADAMS Bloom from 2013 it has Similar Characteristics too like Your's..it is Also a Good Match. In Fact i think the Standards are even lighter on Frank Adams more like Yours.

Thumbnail by themikesmom
Concord, NC

Another way to tell is if i remember correctly is.. Frank Adams had a 'Rootbeer' to 'Licorice' or 'Cream Soda' type Fragrance. Sherbert and Rameses do not..they have a faint lemony fragrance i believe.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.