ISO Plectranthus tomentosa - Vicks rub plant

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Anyone have a cutting to spare or know of a vendor that carries it - other than the two that are listed here on Dave's

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

There was a "smelly" plectranthus with small fuzzy leaves on the "take it please" table at the swap... not sure if that was the one you're after... if so, I have a little one I've been tormenting for years, sort of forcing it to be a topiary. If we do that play date, remind me to give it to you!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Awww man...I should've checked. I put the full one I had yearS ago on the gift table. Leave it to me to give away something I'd want later...LOL I'll remind you...even a cutting would be nice

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Awww David...you rock...thank you

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

OK, the one I've been pruning back hard for years now is a different Plectranthus with a smaller leaf, not quite the same as the Vick's Plant at that link... but it still has a strong herbal scent, and it now has your name on it!

BTW, we thought of you Saturday at Green Springs when I learned about the Katsuma tree, whose leaves apparently smell like caramel in the fall. I bought 2 babies and will plant out the bigger one this fall... if it establishes, the other one (grown on in a pot) will be yours if you want it.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

YUM...never heard of that tree before. Totally forgot about Green Springs :(

Jill - is your leaf variegated on your Plectranthus

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

No, just green. I had one with a larger, variegated leaf some years ago... hated the smell when I bumped against it, and although pretty it was hard to avoid brushing against, so I think it went home with Happy (bec. she actually liked the scent). That might have been the "Vick's Plant."

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ok...that was the one I had...the one with the variegated leaf and yes, I remember thinking the smell was over the top. Course now I want one to use medicinally...go figure

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Well, I'll earmark mine for you, and you can use it any way you want! I might even water it this week. LOL

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh if it was truly mine I can assure you it might not have been watered regularly LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.