Pond Pump

Ventress, LA(Zone 8b)

I am in need of a pond pump for a 500-1,000 gallon pond that lasts longer than three years. I am not satisfied with 123 ponds.

Decatur, GA

I can't recommend this pump highly enough. I have had mine for years, at least 6, and it is fine. The little holes get some junk caught in them sometimes but all it takes is a quick brush-off and it's back to full speed. If you have koi the extra gallons/hour is good.

http://www.amazon.com/TetraPond-Debris-Handling-Pump-DHP3600-watts/dp/B001QILRW0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1431468016&sr=8-2&keywords=tetra+pond+pumps

Ventress, LA(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the link, I will check it out.
We clean the bottom of the pump often, but have had bad luck with pumps.

Ventress, LA(Zone 8b)

We landed up getting a debris pond pump with a better warranty than in the past.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

I have been buying Pondmaster Hy-drive pumps model pm48 for quite sometime and been replacing them often under warranty. Now I have replaced both ponds pumps within a year and they don't want to cover them anymore. For a pump to go out before it is 1 year old is not acceptable. 1 pond is 1,300 gals and the other 3,000.
Both have waterfalls on them but not at high head feet. Largest pond has 3 feet from ground level intake pipe to falls.
Would appreciate any suggestions of pump mfgs. you all have had good luck with.
Bonnie

Decatur, GA

Hi Bonnie,
My Tetra debris pump I mentioned above is still working fine.
Helen

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

After much gong back and forth co. sent me new pump for free. They are figuring warranty from purchase date of first pump. That's not fare. I installed new pump Friday as soon as I got it. I am going to buy bigger pump for larger pond and it won't be a Pondmaster. I vacuumed a ton of sludge from bottom of skimmer where pumps sit and came to the conclusion they are getting clogged. Will have to pull them and clean out inside often to try to keep them running. There is an impeller inside and tech said often it gets clogged with muck and stops up. My thoughts are pull Pondmaster out of larger pond while it is running. Take it apart and clean it up so at least I will have a backup when other Pondmaster on small pond goes out again.
Helen, I looked at the Tetra but can't hook it up to present plumbing my husb. put in originally. Can't just throw it into pond as lines are running to waterfall and fountain plus clarifier. Thank you for your suggestion. I'm surprised anyone has had a pump so long. That's wonderful.
Bonnie

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Has anyone ever used bentonite chips for water clarification? Opinions please.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.