May Blooms

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

It's hard to believe another month is upon us. What's blooming in your garden?

Prairie Phlox
Ladybug on dill flower head
Purple coneflower
Yarrow

Thumbnail by stephanietx Thumbnail by stephanietx Thumbnail by stephanietx Thumbnail by stephanietx
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Having the best Brug bloom in 5 yrs

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison Thumbnail by rjuddharrison Thumbnail by rjuddharrison Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

My amaryllis just keep going. The Katrina Rose is very happy this spring and the larkspurs are taking over. Will really miss them the next ten days, almost to Lexington, KY for the Bluegrass Sheepdog trial

Thumbnail by rouxcrew Thumbnail by rouxcrew Thumbnail by rouxcrew Thumbnail by rouxcrew Thumbnail by rouxcrew
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

The daylilies have started blooming!

The nandinas have started flowering.

This little wild thing bloomed this morning. No idea what it is or even if it's a friend or foe.

It's another great year for the coneflowers.

Thumbnail by stephanietx Thumbnail by stephanietx Thumbnail by stephanietx Thumbnail by stephanietx Thumbnail by stephanietx
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

That hot pink coneflower is gorgeous!
I'll go take some new pics soon. If it EVER stops raining!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

The coneflowers are amazing this year. The rain and cooler temps have really turned them a hot pink rather than their normal pinky-purple color.

(Becky), Lipan, TX(Zone 7b)

Pretty blooms everyone! I'll try and post pics later.. Internet is too slow right now. I wish my amaryllis would bloom.. they are from Sandy at last spring's Roundup, and I can't wait to see what color they turn out to be. Joy, what kind of sun exposure do yours get? They sure do look happy!

Stephanie your blue flower looks like dayflower.. commelina something or other. I think I have C. communis here, or maybe it's C. erecta. They can be horribly invasive, but I have a soft spot for those ltitle blue Mickey mouse looking blooms, and let it ramble on the north side of my house.. away from all intentional plantings! Lol

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

I have that blue flower here too. But it's not invasive, at least in my area. I'm lucky if I see 1 or 2 of them.

Becky, I was told by Kit that amaryllis will grow in any light but if I wanted blooms, they need sun. I have moved all mine to other areas that get sun except for some "other plant" shade. All are now very happy. I noticed yesterday that I seem to have missed one in my shade bed and will need to move it. Dang, now I will have to wait a year to see its bloom. And they require no care! I did sprinkle a little Epsom salt around them this year, along with every other plant I could think of.

My day lilies have gone nuts while I have been gone to KY. Here are a few.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew Thumbnail by rouxcrew Thumbnail by rouxcrew Thumbnail by rouxcrew Thumbnail by rouxcrew
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow Joy! So pretty!

Thank you so much. Would never have had them without great DG'ers.

A couple more along with my eight foot tall rudbeckia, and a couple quick peeks into areas too wet to walk. I see another of my daylilies blooming I that last pic. I,will have to check but I think it is Tropical Storm or some other bad weather named DL appropriate for this spring.

Bryan, TX(Zone 8b)

Some of my daylilies are blooming along with my butterfly bush and some pink canna :)

Thumbnail by Cassandra78 Thumbnail by Cassandra78 Thumbnail by Cassandra78 Thumbnail by Cassandra78 Thumbnail by Cassandra78
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I've got daylilies blooming as well.

San Antonio Firecracker (in honor of my hometown)
Trail Boss (in honor of my current home) I thought I'd lost this one since it didn't bloom last year and was down to one tiny fan.

Thumbnail by stephanietx Thumbnail by stephanietx

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.