First Bud of the Year..............

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I think this is called Border Crossing.....it's in a pot and has bloomed faithfully for years and years.
Happy flower.

Thumbnail by morganc
(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

A very pretty color. I like that shade. Congrats on the first flower.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh Oberon - all your flowers in Alaska gave me inspiration! By the way, my DH and I will be visiting your beautiful state this July.

Ahh. The ubiquitous fijord tour or are you flying in with a tour, or bravely flying in and renting a car?

I wish you much luck with your dahlias. I will be admiring your blooms long before I have any.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

With all the rain we have been having I hope they don't drown. Got them in really late for here. The pic is from a potted one that just keeps thriving, bless it's heart. :-)

We are floating in on a big ship. We will be in a helicopter to tour the glacier and take copious amounts of pics. Then our other tours are land and Hummer based...LOL. Any place you recommend seeing near Ketchican? Or Skagway?

Thumbnail by morganc

Sorry. Can't help you there. I have lived here 60 years and have never been to southeastern. Heck. Until I moved to Anchorage in 1991 I had never seen much other than Fairbanks and surrounds. Sounds like you are doing the 'full meal deal." Should be great. I hope the weather cooperates.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I'll have to remember "the full meal deal"......what a great turn of phrase. And I thought Texans were cute with words. LOL

If I get some good pictures I'll be sure and post them. We are taking a drone with us with a camera in it, Can we post vids here at the Garden?

I think only pictures not videos. And my Dad was born in Paden, Oklahoma and his parents were from Arkansas and Missouri.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.