Replacement parts?

Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

So, i decide to pull out my old fashioned Janome machine to make a couple of dog collars, only to find out that the electrical socket has dry rotted completely off (you could only imagine the sinking feeling there). When i first got it for $70 at a vacuum repair shop, which i thought was a total steal of a deal, the socket was just a tiny bit loose (wiggled ever so slightly), which i didnt think was any trouble, as time went on, it got worse and worse until today where it just completely came off.

Just wondering if you guys know of where i could get a replacement electrical outlet panel for a machine this old? Or am i just stuck with a machine that would be best just sold for parts? I would really hate to have to actually part with it, because its the most reliable machine i have in regards to strength and power.

Thumbnail by jmc1987 Thumbnail by jmc1987 Thumbnail by jmc1987 Thumbnail by jmc1987
This thread has 13 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!