Problems with FireFox... anyone else?

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

It started on my main computer about 6-8 weeks ago, sluggish and crashing. I got tired of it and moved over to Opera. I'd bounce back and forth, and lately it's been "OK".

Today, I had been working on my laptop a lot, then this evening upon opening the FF browser, it had that pop up window saying something about "checking for add-ons" so I assumed it did an update.

all of a sudden, I could not connect to the internet, but only with FF. IE was just fine. I disabled add-ons, nothing. Rebooted, nothing. after each -- I'd check IE, which was fine. So I did a System restore. When that was completed, now IE would not connect either. When i ran troubleshooting, it said something about a part of "Nortons" was not installed properly. ~~ What the heck??

So, now i went in and disabled the Anti-virus and now everything works.

What gives??

I attempted to install Opera on my laptop [5 yrs old, Win7] and it would not install. The window just said.... Downloading....... and the percentage thingy never moved.

any idea what may have happened??

thanks in advance for any assistance,

Terese

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!