My First Iris of the year

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

OK ladies guess I am getting old. Posted this in the Iris forum and kinda was told I should have only posted it in the 2015 bloom thread. Does anyone know how I can delete it from there? I have never been told to do anything before since 2001 everyone just enjoyed what ever I posted.
I know I have a lot going on here at home am I being to thin skined. Hugs to all

Lavina

Thumbnail by LavinaMae
Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

It is beautiful. The yellow coloration is so buttery. I got my first iris (2 now) after planting years ago. Some critter always eats it. I would have posted in the Iris forum too. Isn't that where folks go to look at Iris?

I actually asked for an ID there. I am going to be humiliated if it is not an iris. 😳

Lavinia - perhaps the folks there meant 'and be sure to also post in'. your iris photo is beautiful and I am sure is welcomed everywhere. If only I could get that color on a wall without it changing in the light......

This message was edited May 2, 2015 11:53 AM

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Remind me next year and if it multiplies I will send you one I planted them last year and none bloomed. My solid white is opening this morning and I will post it later its even prettier with the yellow fuzz inside.
Dont laugh I took a piurple azalea bloom to Lowes and got paint matched to it. And added some pearl stuff to make it pop and it turned out awesome.

Lavina

I bet. What did you paint??

McDonald's of all places has buckets and buckets of gorgeous pure white.

I don't know anything about Iris. Those blooms surprised me. A neighbor gave them to me. They are popping out of the ground. I don't think I planted deep enough. The heavy top fans are pulling them over!

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Crown molding aroumd the bed room ceiling and walls are all white. House in Raleigh is a mess now as people have broke in and striped the wire out of the walls. It would take a small mint to fix it up to move into again

Stripped the wire?? Copper hunters?? Is there enough copper in wire to make it worth their while??

That color on crown molding with a white wall sounds very Victorian. Bet pretty. Too bad about the vandals.

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Must have been its a 2 story and even my light and fixtures in the ceilings are now in the floor with lines where wire was striped out in every wall

They would have super luck here. Our walls are foam core and all electric is in plastic pipe that U.S. laying in channels that were burned into the foam -- no staples holding the wire to the studs! No studs!! they would just gave to locate an outlet and pull the free wire thru the channeled pipes. 😳

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.