2015 May Birthday Card Swap

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Glad to hear you got some seeds planted. I hope they all grow for you!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Good evening everybody,

We all had a great time with Dad and he was happy to just be home for a few hours. 2 of my kids and 1 grandson, DIL-to-be and oldest brother, SIL and his 2 boys were all here so it made for a very nice time for Dad. He was ready to go back to the nursing home by the time that we left with him. Hope to get him as much as possible in the warm weather so that he can sit outside in the swing and just be doing what he always liked to do when at my house.

No, I still haven't found a vining plant for it yet.

Hope that everybody had a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day. Now back to work for the next 3 days.

Thoughts and prayers,
Kathy

Last day to sign up for the red white and blue swap.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1392629/

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Kathy, it sounds like you all had a very nice visit with your dad :) I do hope you can find just the right vining flower to go with your rose. Once you do, it will be fun to be able to share that with your dad on one of his visits.
My first seedling appeared! I discovered it while misting my planters Friday afternoon. Based on where it came up, it's one of the salvias, Touch of Scent. I've never grown this before. Got the seeds from one of the seed round robins a few years ago. Finally get to enjoy it :)
June will soon be here! And, someone has a birthday! :) So, remember to get your cards ready and mailed!
I'll see if my husband can help me get the June thread up on Sunday or early Monday morning.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
Michelle

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Michelle, we always have a good visit with Dad, just sometimes wish that I didn't have to work and had a spare bedroom. If I did I could bring him home to live with me. Have a good weekend. Kathy

Congrats on the first seedling, I hope you have many more.

I will be 60, and it looks like a hip replacement will be in my near future! Almost looking forward to it, as much pain as I have been in lately.
Getting old is not for sissy's!

Hi, all.
LK, I have some friends who have had knee replacements. From things they've shared, I understand that having a hip or knee replaced is always a dilemma--you don't want to do it too soon, but you don't want to wait longer than you have to, either. I'm sorry you have to have the hip replacement, but at the same time, I'm thankful that it will give you relief from the pain and allow you to walk and get around much easier again`.
Well, I must make a correction: my first seedling wasn't a salvia; it's a phlox seedling! Forgot what I planted where! (oops)
And, I have two more seedlings up today: a Teddy Bear sunflower and a Daydream cosmos :) I was looking at my list of germination times. Looks like I should be seeing several new seedlings this week. That will be fun!
I've been hearing about all of the flooding in Texas and Oklahoma. LK, is there flooding near you? How about the rest of you?
Do all stay safe, and enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Oh, and my husband says he will help me set up our June thread... We don't want our birthday girl to have to host her own birthday month :)
Michelle

Lots of rain here, but not flooding. North and East of us is flooding. Especially Dallas and Houston.

Hi, all.
LK, very glad you don't have flooding where you are. Feel free to send some of that rain our way :)
Well, I'm very sad. Went out to check on my seedlings today, and I discovered that they are gone! Some critter had a nice snack, very small one, but... :( We're suspicious that snails/slugs got to them. You wouldn't think we'd have problems with these up on the second floor deck but, sadly, we do. Guess we'll have to put some Sluggo in the planters for them so my seedlings can have a chance to grow. Sigh... Was hoping not to have to use the Sluggo out there, but I guess I'll have to. Hopefully, the remaining seeds can germinate and grow.
Have a great rest of your weekend.
And, remember to stop by to follow the link to our June thread. I should have it up by some time tomorrow.
Michelle

Awe, sorry to hear you lost your seedlings.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Morning everybody! I'm trying to be a good doobie and checking in for the new thread. :)

I sense June birthday(s)!

xox
A.

Hi all,
Please follow us to the June Birthday thread:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1396638/
Michelle

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.