Planting outside

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

I asked this on another forum I frequent, but will ask it here since the brug peeps are in residence. LOL

I know it is only April 28th, but I was wondering if I could plant my brugs outside now, even tho the nights might get cool. I would cover them with large plant pots if it called for cool night weather. I have a nice place to put them, and I'd like for them to be getting some "real" sun and I think a couple of the puny-looking ones might get with the program. LOL These would be ones I started from cuttings last fall from established plants that I didn't have room to keep.

Union City, CA(Zone 9b)

Several things you can do .
5 Gallon buckets of water around plant - they suck up heat during day and release at night - rocks do same thing , but are harder to store / move .
If you put in ground water to get out air pockets .
Small xmas tree lights put out enough heat to keep from freezing , but you have to be careful when watering .
You can put out a shut off valve water hose where the house connects to house and on other end , leave hose full of water and sun heats it up , then water with warm water when sun goes down - that warms the dirt .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.