Howdy from Alabama!!!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Yes, I am still kicking it down here in the Deep South!!

It occurred to me that I have been horrible at updating anything and staying in touch!
Garden is growing fabulously, I have a few plants to get in the ground and really need to get shopping for annuals for planters - life has been busy and I have been lazy! :) With as many farmers markets and stores as we have, I have felt no need to grow anything except a few figs and some berries...:)

We are both doing great, as of last check-up I was 100% cancer free and we're hoping to keep it that way, I was getting recurring precancerous lesions, and had surgery after surgery and that wore on me - I was doing everything right, eating healthy, quit smoking, supplements...my immune system wasn't improving - but, now it looks like I am heading in the right direction!

Just came back from England, where I spent 3 weeks with my family, eating, eating and eating some more - did a little touristy stuff and ate some more! :) We are heading back to London in October, first vacation I get to drag hubby out of country in eons, and I'm looking forward to showing him around and filling him with pies and pints!
Anyway, just wanted to say hi and let y'all know I'm alive and kicking! Hugs to all! Bec!!

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

What a fine way to start the day with a message from you Bec! And right back atcha with the hugs. Here we are generally waiting for Spring to make its mind up and getting ready for another Spring Swap. (I just know that one of these swaps you'll fly in and surprise us all...) Post some more pics of your place and the fur babies, too. And hi to hubby.

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

What a wonderful update! I was just thinking about you yesterday as I was tending to the lovely clematis I got from you. :)

London's one of my favorite cities in the world. And the best Indian food in the world (well, maybe second to India)! I'm sure you and your husband are going to have a fantastic time there.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Hello Beck, soo good to hear you're doing well. I think of you from time to time and miss you at our gatherings. The other week I had a fish stew and wondered if it was anything like what your family made. Let's see some pics of your gardens, please.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi Becky! So great to hear from you and with the good health report YAY!!!!!! Your bloom photos look nice - keep them coming. I love to see how the gardens are progressing down South.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Oh, how exciting to find this thread!!!! Bec, I am thrilled beyond thrilled to hear your great news!! I will pass that on at prayer meeting tomorrow night. You have been prayed for every week.

Lovely pics. I imagine your neighbors are knocking down your door to get your secrets for lovely gardens.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

I didn't have much luck with the Mid-South forum & finding local plant people...anyway, I have a Hansa Rugosa that is growing like a weed, prolific is an understatement and I am convinced it will eventually eat Huntsville! So I posted on our Neighborhood website that I had runners if anyone wanted some. Oh my! They all do!! :) I have met some lovely people already! :) It IS true, people who love plants are guaranteed good people! The way it is growing, I will be sharing, and sharing, and sharing some more!

It's the deep pink one above. Sending some to Chantell soon :)

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

YAY!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.