Vingolf and Nibelungen

Apple Valley, United States

Not too many people have Nibelungen and I got pretty excited today thinking maybe I do! I bought Vingolf from Blue J last summer and they are both blooming right now so I compared the two "up close" and "personal". My husband said I destroyed the poor things! Here are the pictures we took today. The Vingolf is a few days older and it could be that it is more faded. I have more buds to open on both plants so I will check the colors again.
Went on irisparidise.com to double check. I got this on ebay from a woman who described the lot as historic.
In these pictures Vingolf is always on the right.
The thing that really caught my eye was the beard on Nibelungen. Kind of "scraggly", plus the color of the falls and standards. Nibelungen has golden standards and Vingolf was paler and a bit of lavender going on. Nibelungen's falls are reder and Vingolf's more purple. I'll post a picture of Vingolf that was taken yesterday, it will be by itself.

Thumbnail by CAndersen Thumbnail by CAndersen Thumbnail by CAndersen Thumbnail by CAndersen Thumbnail by CAndersen
Lyndon, IL(Zone 5a)

Looks promising ! here's my Nibelungen:

Thumbnail by crowrita1 Thumbnail by crowrita1
Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

Yay histories! Both are gorgeous.

Apple Valley, United States

Nibelungen and Vingolf updates. Both blooming at the same time and pictures taken at the same time.

Thumbnail by CAndersen Thumbnail by CAndersen
Enid, OK

WOW! I love it!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.