Kick'n Plant Sale!!!!!!!!

silver spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Right now there's a kick'n plant sale going on at the National Arboretum. Don't miss it. I just came from there, 4-5 foot Camellias $50! Pine Knot hellebores are there too!

Yehudith

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Hi yehudith, I was there, too! It's such a wonderful sale but I didn't realize the vendors were cash only (the actual arboretum sale took credit).

Pine Knot Hellebores took credit. I got some ferns and a book from them. I sounded them out in regards to a group buy and they're willing. He'll ship to one address and then we'd have to divide them up. I really liked him and the quality of his goods. Who knows, maybe we'll be able to do something with him.

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

I saw the Pine Knot hellebores. They were beautiful!

Three of the vendors I checked out only took cash. I missed out on a hosta that I've been looking for. It's so easy now to set up a credit card charge system using your smart phone; I was surprised more vendors didn't take advantage of that.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

For Yehudith & anybody else thinking of organizing a group buy... I wrote an introductory article last year on "savings without insanity," and the first bulb buy article is on the schedule for tomorrow. I'm not saying I have the "one true way" of doing group buys -- but I've done an number of them, and I did my best to sum up what I've learned with the tips and guidelines in those articles. :-)

Hellebores from Pine Knot Farms would be great! What kind of success have you folks had planting out hellebores in fall? I'm wondering if he'd be willing to make us a deal on his "leftovers." ;-)

I'm going to check. You can plant hellebores in the fall with success. Last year I was desperate to get in the last of my plants and found a bunch of seedlings I hadn't gotten in. I was so desperate I used the bulb auger and just stuck them in the holes and stepped on them to close up the holes. They bloomed this spring! Yep you can plant them in the fall.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

cool! bulb buy article ram today but doesn't show on home page, just on Articles page. (still working glitches out of new system) it's here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/group-buys-for-fall-bulbs-i-organizing-ordering

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.