Happy Birthday Catbird

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Happy Birthday! No matter what paths you take or make, may you travel them well. enjoying the journey to a resting place of peace and beauty.

Thumbnail by coleup
Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Happy B'Day Catbird! Enjoy being 29!

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Happy birthday, Catbird!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Happy Happy Birthday, Robin!!

I'm reminded of you whenever I look out the front door... your namesake is perched high under the porch roof, sitting on a nest!

Thumbnail by critterologist
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Robin, hope you have a most excellent birthday!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Happy Birthday, Robin!!!!!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Wishing you a wonderful birthday, Robin.

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday, Robin! I hope it was a fun one.

Thumbnail by Muddy1
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Robin--

Coming in on the tail end....but I did not want to miss wishing you avery
Happy Birthday! Hope you did something special.

Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Thank you all for the wishes, it was a fantastic day. My oldest son and his girlfriend took me to dinner and youngest son showed up at dinner too.

Seq, double that 29 and you'll have my real age, chronologically anyway. Mentally we always feel younger (most days).

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

You are a year younger than my Mom. She turns 59 this September 11th. That sounds like a real fun time with your sons! How old are they?

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Robin, I'm a day late wishing you all the best on your bday. Happy, happy birthday!!! Sounds like you had a great day.

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm glad you had a great birthday!
I couldn't resist chiming in because this Catbird was kind enough to allow me to photograph it today.

Thumbnail by Muddy1
Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Seq, my sons are 26 and 28 years old. They came over to my place Monday afternoon to move a gas grill from the back of the house to up on the deck. Both rode their motorcycles over.The 26 year old has a Harley and he looks like a rough biker. The 28 year old rides a 'jap' bike and looks like Dimebag Darrel from Pantera.
They both got soaked on the way home.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Happy Birthday- a bit late but sincere!
(stock photo)

Thumbnail by sallyg
Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Lol...sounds great! I remember growing up in a Harley household. 'Jap' bikes were heavily looked down upon by my father.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Sorry I missed this during our travels, a belated Happy Birthday.

Jeff, on the back of my sissy bar pad of my 750 Yamaha, was a brief message: Sayonara Har-ree'

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Yeah I guess there's that....but Harley's sound better and I never saw a Harley rider trying to kill himself passing on the shoulder, doing wheelies at 80mph, or doing triple the speed limit on city streets.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Those are not indicative of a mature rider. The only place we tripled the speed limit was an empty road or turnpike. Why 2 wheels makes some riders feel 9' tall and bullet proof always escaped me.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Yeah I have no clue. I prefer my four wheels though.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Harley riders do seem more likely than most to go helmet-less, though... a pet peeve of mine, especially since I lost 2 friends to accidents where wearing helmets might have saved them. It's not just the "live free or die" philosophy -- none of those riding without helmets (or with those tiny helmets that are almost as bad as none) seem to consider that they might survive an accident but have to have somebody else wipe their butts the rest of their lives.

Catbird, I trust both your guys wear helmets and denim, if not leather! If not -- tell them that's what you want for Mother's Day. :-)

Hope you're continuing to celebrate!!

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

The helmet case is a sensitive issue among motorcyclists and non-motorcyclists indeed. I will say that in a higher speed incident, sometimes a helmet means the difference between quick death and being an invalid for the remainder of your life. I would prefer no helmet in that example.

Personally, I don't think it's up to non-riders to decide whether or not riders should wear a helmet. To each their own when it comes to personal protection on a motorcycle. Another reason I like my car...Lol

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I know we're getting way off the topic of Catbird's bday... but I think society as a whole bears a lot of the cost of non-helmet-wearing riders as well as non-seatbelt-wearing motorists... insurance rates rise, and for those without insurance, their families/communities will come together and try to raise at least some of the cost for medical treatment. In "higher speed incidents," sometimes a helmet also makes the difference between walking away and being an invalid for the rest of your life.

A young priest I knew in Chicago voiced Sequoia's opinion, and was killed riding on the Dan Ryan Expressway... those on the scene said a helmet would likely have saved him. He was wearing leathers, and his main injury was a crushing impact to the skull. It was quite an experience seeing priests, knights of columbus (in full regalia), and bikers (also in full regalia) packing together into the pews for his memorial service... but I'd rather have had the experience of getting to know him better as he continued his ministry with the local teens and young adults.

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

I haven't been on a bike for over 5 years now, I do miss it when the honeysuckle is blooming, you can really smell it on a bike.
I wore a helmet almost all the time, even when in states where it was legal to be helmetless. I admit to wearing just a baseball type cap when we were out in Sturgis, but cussed the day because the cap blew off and Randy wouldn't go back for it. Beautiful riding out that way.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Sounds like you & your biker boys need an excursion... :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.