Hummingbird Moth on Iris Leaf

Concord, NC

Did alot of weeding and mowing around Irises today as it had been raining for three days straight and today was first day the sun came out and took hours to get the yard looking manicured again so blooms could be admired. When we finally finished this huge beautiful Hummingbird Moth with iridescent blue on his body was resting on a historic iris leaf when. it caught my eye by look when i was finished for the day and was exhausted and walking back to my back porch, i thought it was kinda early to see one of these and it was larger than they usually are or atleast i have ever seen, and it had beautiful blue on it which i had also never before seen.. so i thought i would share it on here. i felt it was a blessing for hard work and being able to see this was a reward..we are honored it choose our yard.

Thumbnail by themikesmom
Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

Beautiful! I have not seen one that color either.

Concord, NC

:-) Thanks Gypsy..i had not been on here in 5 days.. my son was in the hospital in critical condition last thursday when they had admitted him..but he is doing better now and back home resting..back to old heirloom Iris addiction and DG :-)

Lyndon, IL(Zone 5a)

Glad he's doing better !

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

Oh my gosh, so sorry your son was ill. I'm glad he's back into the flowers. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.