Please help!! Desperately seeking Betsy B.

Little Rock, AR

Hi, I don't know a thing about flowers except I like them. However, a friend has a daylily named after her- it's named Betsy B. and I believe her uncle named it after her. I recently learned that she's never actually seen this lily, and I have no idea how to find it. I can't find it listed for sale (maybe I don't know the right place to look) and I was told by a company I emailed that it does indeed seem to be rare and that this website is a great resource. Does anyone know what I should do? Here is the AHS listing for it- http://www.daylilies.org/DaylilyDB/detail.php?id=14334 . I'm confused and overwhelmed and is it possible it doesn't exist anymore? Thank you everyone and anyone for your time and help. I appreciate it!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Iloveketchup, I have never heard that name until now. Good luck on finding Betsy B.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I have not heard of Betsy B but there is a daylily called Buddy's Betsy.

Kansasville, WI(Zone 5a)

In searching for Betsy B, I found that it is a parent of 6 children. One of the 6 was hybridized by a person named Culver. The only hybridizer I could think of would be Bryan Culver. But since Betsy B is quite old I am not sure that he is the same person who hybridized with it.

Here is his info.
http://www.culverfarmdaylilies.com/

It is worth an email to find out.

You could also sign up on the Lily Auction and then put in Betsy B for a wanted item. I know sellers do look at the list of wanted items. You never know who has what growing in their gardens.

Good Luck !!

The daylily that Culver hybridized was Princess Redwing.

This message was edited Apr 22, 2015 12:28 PM

Little Rock, AR

Thank you folks for your help, maybe someone out there knows what for me to do! :(

Kansasville, WI(Zone 5a)

Did you get a response from Culvers Daylily Farm?

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

WELCOME to Dave's Iloveketchup!! I sent you a private message..... I live in South Arkansas! ^_^

Genna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.