A BEGINNERS' QUESTION

Garfield, GA(Zone 8a)

I am a new beginner that love flowers. My mother loved them too, but she is no longer with me, and I just can't remember any names of flowers she had, and now I have them. I can't even look them up online because I don't know the name. Can anyone help me identify these plants or flowers? Thank you so much.

Thumbnail by Chosendia
Contra Costa County, CA(Zone 9b)

That red one looks like Amaryllis, Hippeastrum species.
Here is a thread that many people have contributed to about these colorful bulbs

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1289669/

This message was edited Apr 20, 2015 3:35 PM

Ayrshire Scotland, United Kingdom

Beautiful plants an your so luck to be able to grow these outdoors, the dont ask for much except a little drink now and again and never be bury these bulbs more than half the depth of the bilbs as neck can get rot.

Take picture of the plants you need identifying so next time you go to garden shop, some people can help or as Diana has also suggested, there is a plant ID forum on the Dave's site that loads of people use BUT, again send a picture as everyone's idea of light green, tall, small even colours a different from one person to the next.

Sound like your going to have a busy time over the next few years and I'm sure your Mum would be proud of you for taking on her love of these plants, what a wonderful way to retain all the memories and pleasure she gave and received from her garden
Good luck and kindest regards.
WeeNel.

Garfield, GA(Zone 8a)

Just getting back on the site, lost my user and password, but I am here now. Thanks so much for answering my question, and for the encouraging words too. Thanks again.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.