Old pink iris

Apple Valley, United States

Received this one from a trade on Dave's Garden (Nyla).

Thumbnail by CAndersen Thumbnail by CAndersen Thumbnail by CAndersen
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Beautiful! Do you know the name?

no

Enid, OK

Take a look at some pictures of Easter Bonnet and let me know what you think. If that's not close, I may have some other ideas.

Concord, NC

i Think it Also Could be 'Tokay' by Nichols..as Easter Bonnet has more of that yellow quality and area center of the Bloom..both Tokay and it have that blue patina though so i do agree with Lorrie that it is Quite Similar..but Easter Bonnet's bloom is fairly large and this bloom looks intermediate size.so leaning more toward Tokay. Member Carolinesays in Austin, Texas has one almost the same with the blue patina that she believes to be either 'Kate Izzard' by Meyer or 'Romance' by Murrel. Both of those are Also good Candidates. Screaming 'Tokay' to me..just my personal opinion.

This message was edited May 13, 2015 4:23 PM

Enid, OK

Well, there are several that need to be added to my "want" list. I don't have Easter Bonnet, Tokay, Kate Izzard or Romance so I guess I need to be looking into those at some point. I love the ones that have the patina on them!
Thanks for your input! You are always such a wealth of information.

I googled Tokay and it is the best match when compared to the other possibilities.
I have Easter Bonnet and it bloomed for the first time this spring and they are two different iris.
Do you have another source to look up Tokay?

Concord, NC

:-) i try..Rainbow Iris Farms has it for sale i think [Tokay] one fan left last time i checked.. i think they have a picture of Tokay on there site.. but don't no if there's is confirmed but probably is. I won a fan of Tokay from Cindy {1913Cat} DG on Ebay thats confirmed but it wont arrive for a few weeks and wont bloom till atleast next year. {Mainer} DG has a picture in her garden journal. I have been trying to get 'Romance' now for 4 years from Bruce F. in Oregon and i've yet to even get his historic listing so i dont think thats gonna happen anytime soon if i cant even get the listing let alone the Iris but im gonna keep trying.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.