RU Gift

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

I've never had iris, but I think that's this. Anyone know what kind? So pretty.

Thumbnail by sybram
Dallas, TX

Looks like an iris to me. There are a gazillion different sizes, colors, etc. What you have is very pretty.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I don't know what it is, but it sure is pretty!

How's Austin doing, Sybil?

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you both.

Austin's doing great, Steph. He's graduating this year, so he's a very busy boy. He also works long hours at Camp Hoblitzelle (I think that's the way to spell it). It's a wonderful Salvation Army camp used for corporate, church, and private retreats, as well as equine events and many other things. Five of my grands have or do work there. Beautiful place. It's in Midlothian, only five minutes from their houses.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Congratulations to Austin! Please let him know he's missed by us gardeners. This time of year is so busy for HS Seniors!

Fort Worth, TX

if that is a peach colored iris and smells like grape cotton candy, it came from me. I think it is a Beverly Sills. My vision is not good this morning and I can't tell if the photo is white or peach. It is definitely a dutch iris though.

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Ok, thanks Gypsi. Concerning that plant--I've tried to remove the old blooms when they are spent and all brown and dried up. They don't come off easily, and a little green piece comes off with it if I actually do get the thing off. It's pretty yukky and sticky, not dry like it lools. I figured I might be pulling off the beginning of the next flower, so I quit. However, it looks so much prettier with the old blooms removed that I just thought I'd ask. See (grin), I told you I knew nothing about Irises.

Fort Worth, TX

I use scissors to snip the old blooms. They occasionally produce iris seed pods if the bees have been to visit.

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, OK. Scissors--why didn't I think of that. Thanks.

Fort Worth, TX

just watch your cutting because sometimes a second bud does develop just below the first. I just trim the browned petal part not the green

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.